Author Topic: Invasion going personal remake for all ages and skill levels  (Read 4476 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Invasion going personal remake for all ages and skill levels
« on: March 23, 2018, 03:20:54 PM »

THE PROJECT IS NOT DEAD. IT IS ON HOLD. IT WILL BE CONTINUED ONCE THE ORIGIONAL PROJECT IS DONE.

The new remake is made by me, Christian Game Maker. But I need help from Ting Thing because I have some problems at the time of this writing. Anyway everything will be simplified to fit all ages needs.  This game in the title screen says authorized because it was allowed by Alley and Ting Thing for the editing. Just be cautious that I still need to do a lot more editing because It is a very complicated game. Some things might be messed up and I will fix that, but overall the first few levels are all age/skill level friendly.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 10:09:50 PM by Christian Game Maker »

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
Re: Invasion going personal remake for all ages and skill levels
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 08:06:47 PM »
Congratiolations! I have beaten this game and more easily than in my version so you have been successful in editing my game.  :)  Fortunately you didn't touch another triggers after the level 2 so the game would become unbeatable.
I see that from the Elevator on there was no changes in your version so I guess you still are working on this. How ever you are going to edit my game just check out my custom enemies, items and projectiles that often can play a role of being triggers and try to understand how those all have been connected to the courses, tilesets and more... I said before that my level 2 is not ready for others to play yet but the fact is that you actually may have broken this level in your version also. In a one word, just be careful because editing may make this game unbeatable or bad looking. Otherwise, you are free to edit how ever you wish but I suggest you to save a backup from the game as it was from a time when you got my files to work and test your own version from the beginning to the end regularly to be sure you edited my game as you would like to see.  :)
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 09:11:00 PM »
Okay. This game is not dead. I'm still waiting for the game to be 100% complete for releasing.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 10:23:07 PM »
The progress of my game probably will be very long. For now, I make a lot of changes to all my already existing levels to make those compatible with a new game screen. I am not working for money for now and I can think that this is not that much work to do so I decided to try being less decent and giving my self-more tempo(focusing) but still no matter what I do everything takes a time if not because of one reason then because of another...
However, be aware that my project is currently not one of the dead nor the paused projects. Currently, I have worked with it every day. It just has too much compatibility mistakes in it for now to release an update. ::)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 10:25:45 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 10:27:03 PM »
I am fully aware that the game is not dead. I've just been posting in old topics. So, I posted that.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 11:09:08 PM »
The most important compatibility and copyright fixes have been made.

One later update for Platform Builder included a new aspect ratio which allows us to play and edit games fully in full screen without the black screen. Although it was a very important and wanted update for Platform Builder also for me it sure made a lot of games here looking like crap at least in my opinion. My game too of course and so instead of working with new levels and features I took a work with already existing but now, I believe it is much better.  :)
Also, I agree with Ting_Thing that our own content is better than copyrighted ones and although Ting_Thing helped me to create a new version of tank tiles to save some time for me there were some tiles that were still old ones. A game with old and new tiles together looked a bit ugly too so this had to be fixed too for priority one. Still, for now, most of the tiles for incoming forces and battle copter are thanks to Ting_Thing. Big thanks to him not only for this but also for being patient with me when I needed some information and when I wasn't very successful in reporting bugs that quickly. He spent some lot of time on me and have been still quick in updating Platform Builder.  O:-)

For having also a bit new in that long time, there is some new planned look for the miniboss. This helped me to think of a name for this boss quickly, a Metal Plugger. 8)

For them who haven't seen my project yet head to my page here!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 09:35:06 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 11:18:04 PM »
Great! Can you share the replaced tiles in resources?

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2018, 01:44:13 AM »
Sure but I am not sure if Antikore is very active in current times. I can show my latest content, however. You haven't updated your webpage with my content news anyway and you can start using the latest resources I have if you like those.

Anyways you can download news as follows:

And as following where Ting_Thing's hand is in the game:  :)

You can quit the previous resources that you have got from me because new resources have everything old or only some not that well-made things have been cut out. ;)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 09:42:45 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2018, 01:49:18 AM »
Good!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2018, 02:25:54 AM »
I've decided that PBuilder Resources should be the sprite holder.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2018, 02:30:19 AM »
I found a mistake from the second boss fight level when deactivating anti-intruder sensors via a computer terminal. Deactivation causes moving directly to infight with a miniboss. I fixed it in my own PC but I decided to update a game for Explore section when I have finished testing all levels that I have made. I think that the most people are not going to reach to the computer in a short amount of time anyways.  ::)
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2018, 03:05:39 AM »
Ah. So an update is available... Cool!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2018, 12:23:45 AM »
Only one level is left for testing then I guess some more quick tests to courses where I normally don't go in a full test, for example, wrong paths in the Fear House but then I am going to update for Explore section. :) And going to save the main backup as well.  O:-)
Alley (T_Alj5)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2018, 11:23:10 PM »
Now all levels have been fully tested and I also made a lot of quick runs in Land of Dreams to check out those places where I usually don't go in full gameplay. Update for Explore section has been made as well. :)

I still had to do some fixes for the fifth boss level because there were some places where I passed sometimes and where I didn't sometimes. It seemed to be quite a random although I always played the same way in that places. This means that the fifth boss level is easier now. Perhaps it's easier now also for you.  ::)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 11:24:41 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2019, 10:08:22 PM »
You know, it may take a year or 2 until this project ever gets stared again. If ever.