Author Topic: Something that any game engine has and PB don't have...  (Read 4278 times)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
Re: Something that any game engine has and PB don't have...
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2019, 08:17:56 PM »

Ha! That would be awesome. Tell you what: send me $799 for the Switch export I would need to buy and I'll release Platform Builder on the Switch! j/k.

But with Game Maker, it is possible to publish to the Switch store now. So theoretically, it could be done.
Very good answer...  ;D  People may think that if a developer argues with the comments then he/she can't take criticism or something else like this but a developer must have the right to protect himself and the project.

I mean, if people say that a Platform Builder developer should make a way how to create Red Alert and Doom games and a developer knows what about his project is he must reject even if the most of people would not like it. :) People may not know what a project is about, how much it may cost to build it or anything else like this so it is normal to comment, make suggestions. I have participated too... However, the last decision must belong on the developer side! I think a lot of best and less best suggestions, bug reports, etc have been accepted to make Platform Builder look very good. :)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 08:20:42 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Proud Admin of Plugger's Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2019, 05:17:21 AM »

Ha! That would be awesome. Tell you what: send me $799 for the Switch export I would need to buy and I'll release Platform Builder on the Switch! j/k.

But with Game Maker, it is possible to publish to the Switch store now. So theoretically, it could be done.

interesting

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2019, 06:26:59 PM »
Does unity support GML code? I used to wonder what it would be like if PB was in unity... Boy, what a software that is!

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2019, 07:50:32 PM »
Does unity support GML code? I used to wonder what it would be like if PB was in unity... Boy, what a software that is!

I have never touched Unity, so I don't know. But I am guessing that there is no easy way to transfer a GMS project into Unity.

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2019, 08:21:51 PM »
Okay.