Author Topic: Hotto Hotto!  (Read 2459 times)

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
Hotto Hotto!
« on: March 27, 2018, 05:28:48 PM »
Get ready for this mini journey through this lava land at the comfortable temperature of 60Âșc!

Hours to build: 1 or 2 hours
Time to play and beat the level: 2 or 3 minutes.

Main goal: Find the stolen stars placed through the level.
Optional goals: Find all the items like coins, crowns, dollar bags etc. hidden through the level; Find the hidden diamond.

Preview:

Thank you and enjoy :D
This level and some more avaliable to download at the PB's explore section.
Antikore ;)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 10:27:24 AM by Antikore »
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

seggaw

Re: Hotto Hotto!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 05:41:37 PM »
My only small complaint is the matter with enemies. I didn't kill pluggers on my first try and got stuck, surrounded by them  :o Magmuses are fine, they slow down the gameplay but it's already a slow level :P
Overall, Very detailed, great-looking level. I wish you'd make a fast-paced athletic level next time, with your "style" it'd be a blast  ;D

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 06:00:20 PM »
Thank you, yesterday I published another a little shorter and faster but with the same goal of obtainin the stars. Ting Thing has not reviewed it yet  :'( :D
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 11:39:13 PM »
Completed it. :) Shorter but I wouldn't say it is much easier level than what I have made so it needs some patience too because sometimes some short level but harder one may need similar amount of time in total... I am not going to say anything about a difficulty. Game needs to have some challenge. That is why they are taken and played but...
There seems to be no second goal. The game can be beaten just by collecting stars and noone may be motivated to collect everything if there is another strategy to beat it.. Secondary goal also should give back some kind of reward... Add some invisible trigger that you completed a secondary goal or add secret path that would open if secondary goal have been completed for example.  :) Another kind of goals made not by the author can be set by every player who prefers to collect items or who likes to kill all enemies but this is not required perhaps it does not cause anything in the game.
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 10:26:27 PM »
It would be cool to see more levels like this Antikore! The ones with that character, and goal. But if you did make any, I would suggest that you use the game maker instead of sandbox to use Command Prompt and stuff to make it more nice.