Author Topic: Epic Platforms  (Read 6970 times)

seggaw

Epic Platforms
« on: February 18, 2018, 12:05:27 AM »
Epic Platforms is a fairly short game packed with a story arc, secrets and lots of custom music and sprites.

The game supports multi-player and I highly reccomend you to play it with your buddy!
More information to come!  >:D
Feel free to ask me anything in here.  8)

Credits:
-to b_o, for tree tiles (https://opengameart.org/content/pine-tree-tiles)
-to incompetech, for music (Adventure Meme, March of the Spoons, Mischief Maker, in order of appearence - https://incompetech.com/)
-to Jamie Nord for music (Forgotten Village - https://soundcloud.com/jamie-nord)

Current version : Demo 3
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 10:32:27 PM by seggaw »

seggaw

Re: Epic Platforms
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 12:41:40 AM »
Greetings! It's been a while since I've launched this project... and I want to clear something out.

Up to this point, my working schedule was... in fact, it wasn't. It really wasn't. Right after I've released my game to Explore section (it was new back then), I simply lost interest for weeks - heck - even a month or two. If it wasn't for Alley to point this out, now I wouldn't be working at all...
And I apologize for this. It's not okay to annouce things all the time without really doing anything. If you were hoping for some epic update you all have been waiting for - it won't happen. At least not now. And that's bad.
With that in mind, I've decided to step up and get to work! Starting tomorrow. Hopefully, with all the school stuff adding up, I can get things done in second half of March.

With upcoming Demo 3 there comes two brand new stages and some additionial fixes to ones we have now. More details after the upcoming release.  ;D

seggaw

Epic Platforms DEMO 3 has arrived!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 10:27:09 PM »
Meet the people of Dergrood in new DEMO 3 update!

A small town located deep in undergrounds, for no one to see... but you!
This update includes:
  • redesigned home village
  • a new area - Dergrood Vilage
  • a new area - Level 3
  • slight improvments to other areas

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 09:37:27 PM »
Here's my quick answer because I decided to spend even more time on building my project and less time on writting... I tried your update and this is very beautiful one.  :)  Unfortunately, I can't get passed from level 3 where I had to deal with a women to get a weapon for breaking boxes. Inside the house it destroys but once I move from one area to another it's bullets just will pass everything. :-[
Alley (T_Alj5)

seggaw

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 09:43:48 PM »
Ahh yes, it happens... You'll have to put it down and grab again for it to work. :P

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 10:04:52 PM »
OK.  :)  Then now I know.
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 03:21:59 AM »
This Game Is awesome!!! It is my #1 Choice for PB, So I give it Five Stars!

This is the best game that I've played on PB explore.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2018, 02:16:23 AM »
I completed the game just a few minutes ago and i'm very satisfied. Great game!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 04:47:37 PM »
Some bugs to report! When you go down the trap that was set in level 2, I get one hp lost. And I found the secret in the last level that's underground, where you have a pipe that dosn't go anywhere. Also the secret on the world map. It's really cool!

seggaw

A quick update
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2018, 08:12:19 PM »
Hey, the project's not dead!  :o 8)
Here is a small update (0.3.5), really I just finished level 4. Let me know if I exaggerated with difficulty because I maybe did.

Edit: I forgot to link the secret pipe with secret exit. So... don't enter it. ::)

I plan on finishing the main course (all of the levels) before June, like halfway May. I'm going to sort of rush it, and don't put care in the visuals that much. Then, the following updates would exactly consist off cosmetic changes and small fixes to layouts. You won't need to update your game anymore, but you can if you're a fan. :)
And I know I said otherwise before, but the upcoming updates WILL be uploaded very frequently (ex. one level per update).

That's it, for now. See you in very near future.  :))

And also CGM, what you reported isn't a bug. I placed an invisible hurt block under the characters to give a better impression of an impact. And I'm glad you like my crraazy overworld shenanigans. Hope you'll enjoy this upcoming update when it gets published. ;)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 08:27:01 PM by seggaw »

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2018, 08:32:25 PM »
Thanks seggaw! I can't wait to see the new update! Too bad the game isn't in the explore section right now.

seggaw

Sneak Peek!
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2018, 05:45:18 PM »

Wait - are they back in Dergrood? ...and why are they all dark and red...?

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2018, 03:23:36 PM »
I played your game some ago, and I like it very much, also the last levels I  played on Epic Platforms were quite hard for me ;) :D
(That talking for about a month ago)

I'm not used to post in posts about games made by another people but also I want to make you know that this is a very good game.

- PD: I polish a lot my game's aesthetic, is the second most important thing for me in my games :D

Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2018, 03:31:38 PM »
Well seggaw, I think that your game is really good. Cause I really think that it's really a very good game!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2018, 01:37:19 PM »
What!? No update? It's okay. I just wish you were more active around here seggaw! It's not the same at all without you. I still wish we could get another update...   ..........................