Author Topic: Suggestions for Characters  (Read 2480 times)

Turqo

• I'm here, then I'm not
  • Level 4: Sparr
  • toad voice lol
    • View Profile
Suggestions for Characters
« on: May 29, 2018, 02:14:11 PM »
I've got two suggestions regarding characters in Platform Builder.

1) Idle Animations

I've always liked Idle animations in games; they add more charm and character. So maybe include a setting for idle animations? The original character sprite sheet that was used for PB (The one made by "Chumbucket") includes outlines for idle animations and other emotions too, making them easier to incorporate.

2) Female Character Option

The original sheet also includes an example of what a female character would look like. It isn't a full sheet, only one sprite, but it would be awesome to have more body-types for characters in PB, because characters can start looking similar after a while. Or you can keep it more neutral if you want.

Thanks!

(Edited to fix a grammar mistake)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 02:15:44 PM by TheEpicz1 »
Currently Working on: a super, special, secret game thing (and Adventure Joruney: Origins)
Have a great day!

- Turqo

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for Characters
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 02:25:13 PM »
Well, you can edit sprites yourself. Even as I type this, I'm working on sprites by colorizing sprites from chumbucket.

Turqo

• I'm here, then I'm not
  • toad voice lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 03:19:51 PM »
Oh yeah! I did forget about that actually. It would still be nice for users who don't own the Pro Verison. But, that's up to TingThing. Idle animations can't be made though.
Currently Working on: a super, special, secret game thing (and Adventure Joruney: Origins)
Have a great day!

- Turqo

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 03:43:12 PM »
It's possible by a: making a template for the character. b: Use a proper editing software to take either the template or the original sheet. (I reccomend Game Maker Studio 2). So you own standard?

Turqo

• I'm here, then I'm not
  • toad voice lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 10:17:51 PM »
I own the Pro version, I was just saying it would be nice for people who have Standard (And it would be a nice option anyway). Also, I really need to get GameMaker soon  :P
Have a great day!

- Turqo

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 09:16:59 PM »
It would be nice to have different characters, like female, and young characters too. The problem is that a new body type means that I need to redraw every type of shirt, pants, etc. It would take many weeks.

If Platform Builder ever becomes big enough, there might be enough people willing to contribute to a project of that size. But I can't do it on my own. For now there's the skirt and long hair that you can attach to the character to give a more feminine look.

Turqo

• I'm here, then I'm not
  • toad voice lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 08:40:44 PM »
Ok! That's fine, I know it's a lot of work. I am definitely happy with the current options we have. I really do hope Platform Builder gets a lot more popular. It's an underrated program that's so great and has a bright future. (Also, I apologise for my really late reply)
Have a great day!

- Turqo

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 08:43:45 PM »
I agree! And it's okay for the late reply.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 03:53:05 PM »
Interesting...  ::) Although, TingThing said it is very time consuming him to make which is understandale also but... He made this at last, however...  O:-)
Alley (T_Alj5)