Author Topic: Customize Lava?  (Read 2584 times)

LyndsWins

• Level 2: Gruppy
    • View Profile
Customize Lava?
« on: December 04, 2018, 05:25:14 PM »
I was wondering how to customize the lava? I want it to behave the same, but just colorize it green. I've tried custom item and custom block, but it can't be reached that way. Thanks!
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto. I am human: nothing human is alien to me." - Terence

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Customize Lava?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 05:35:49 PM »
Welcome LyndsWins! Did you learn of PB through steam? If so, welcome to the community! It's been a bit dry here the past few weeks. I am happy to see a new face! Currently, there is no way to customize lava. But I have found a way to create my own lava. What you do is create an enemy with your green lava animations and then use it in a course. Use at least 2 enemies for the lava base, and the top part. It has been suggested to be able to edit this somewhere. Anyway, again, welcome to the forums! And, don't forget to write an introduction!

LyndsWins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 06:17:38 PM »
Thanks for your help, and nice to meet you! Yes, I did learn about PB through steam. I'm currently using it for a college project I'm working on (Game Design major), and I'm really loving it so far. I'll be sure to publish it once its finished so you can give it a go! It's called "Grandmaknapped" lol. Have you published anything  yet?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto. I am human: nothing human is alien to me." - Terence

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 06:57:48 PM »
Yup! Check out, "The Adventures of Super Mike" by CGM games. Do you plan to be a regular here?

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 07:59:53 PM »
Welcome, LyndsWins!

It's nice to see some action in the forums after the long time at last and a new member here. :)

Also, my game has a custom liquid which is green exactly. Being more precise, it's a poison/waste. :)
Check out Invasion: Going Personal,  to see what PB is capable to customize! O:-)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 08:01:45 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

LyndsWins

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 09:19:32 PM »
Nice to meet you Alley! I'll be sure to check out both of your games. And yes, I do hope to be a regular around here. This thing is amazing.
I had some trouble with the forum when I was registering where it throw an error and not allow me to join, which is maybe why there aren't as many people around? The admin was nice enough to make an account for me.

Do either of you know if there is a way to make human NPCs hostile? I'm trying to create a human enemy for a boss fight.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 09:22:41 PM by LyndsWins »

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 09:27:18 PM »
Hmm... There isn't any way to make bad NPC's. But you can use 48x48 enemies with character sprites. I am also good friends with the developer. You can find my introduction in the introductions forum. To find Alley's introduction, look for, "About The Blue Leader."

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 03:27:39 PM »
Thank you, Christian Game Maker, for referring to me also. :) This makes me feel like a part of a big team. O:-)
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 06:31:06 PM »
I have always thought of you as a major member. I don't think you realize how you have kept Platform Builder going! You have been an inspiration to us all. And I mean it!

Jeremia_Lecato

• Level 1: Bizz
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2018, 03:54:05 AM »
Hey everybody! If one of y'all can PM me or something, what does using enemies with character sprites mean? I personally don't get it.

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2018, 04:36:08 AM »
Hey everybody! If one of y'all can PM me or something, what does using enemies with character sprites mean? I personally don't get it.

Hey Jeremia_Lecato, I'll send you a message. ;)

Jeremia_Lecato

• Level 1: Bizz
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2018, 04:40:22 AM »
Aww thank you!