Author Topic: The Adventures of Super Mike is over 1 year old now!  (Read 1187 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
The Adventures of Super Mike is over 1 year old now!
« on: March 02, 2019, 09:42:28 PM »
The Adventures of Super Mike has been in development for over 1 year now. Development started in February 2018. I just wanted to write a little celebration speech. Funny thing is, I wrote this message March 1st of 2019, but I clicked on the refresh button which erased my message before I posted it. So, I'm writing in my PC notepad program to save it. Anyway, it's been fun developing this. ASM's (The Adventures of Super Mike) ideas started with another project which was just me thinking about a 3D game. Most of the game ideas and plot were transferred into ASM. I knew that I would make a major game with Platform Builder (PB for short.) In one night, I already had a lot of the gameplay ideas in my head. Before that, I made a level I never completed. I just knew I would use that level to just jump start off of that and make my game. Unfortunatly, I never used this level. On Feb 6th I announced my game. I have footage of early cutscenes. Note, I
started with PB version 4.1. So, there was no Command Prompt, Timelines, Custom Blocks, or even half of the stuff we have today. I suggested things to make my game big. On day 1 of development, (sadly I don't rember the date) I spent 1 hour to develop the Super Candy, and get some level design and a couple other things. Sadly, that failed. Because I had to restart development a couple times because I had lost the files more than once. As time progressed, I reported bugs and glitches in PB, suggested, stayed up to date on the forums, and yes, developed my game. On March 5th, I had no idea that the way I developed my game would be completly changed. Timelines were announced. I thought it was cool. But I didn't know that that idea would be used to invent the most powerful tool in Platform Builder. Command Prompt. While waiting for PB 5.0, I held off of development. I didn't stop completely, but I did some work. On May 1st, I got up early, and waited for 5.0 to be released. Once it was released, I learned Command Prompt. After learning that, I progressed in development. Ideas raced through my mind. The cool thing was, that since Ting Thing (the developer of Platform Builder) said that commands were easy to put into Platform Builder, I suggested like crazy! Almost every command idea was accepted. About 6 months later, I released a level 1 demo. Today, I await the time when I can use PB again. Since currently I don't have  a way to access it. I may edit this post over time to add more fun facts and stuff. So, be sure to stay tuned! I gotta say
though, that a lot of the time during those long months wasn't spent always doing ASM. So, I apologize. It would be cool to have other people help develop this game.

Anyway, this is Christian Game Maker Signing out! (I hope to share those old videos soon of early development!)

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventures of Super Mike is over 1 year old now!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 07:54:23 AM »
'ts great to have you here, CGM. keep working on ASM and hopefully we can play it in the future.

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventures of Super Mike is over 1 year old now!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 03:21:13 PM »
Yes! I sure will!