Author Topic: The Adventures of Super Mike 1  (Read 37161 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventures of Super Mike 1
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2019, 02:45:20 AM »
Thanks, guys for upping the post count. At least this page got some attention finally! Mechsaur, we knew you were joking. We simply wish you were more respectful and polite to members here. And, please speak English! It's often hard to understand you. (ASM update below)

ASM World 1 Level 3 is getting a lot of work done. The areas have lots of history and interesting facts to them. Anyway, it's taken a few days to finish. It's not finished, but it's getting there! Tomorrow I plan to get close to finishing it. Why is level 3 taking longer than usual? The interesting history has something to say about that. When I started level design in ASM over a year ago, I decided to work on levels simultaneously. I've learned that that isn't the best route. So, I started just creating areas with levels. The second area in level 3 has plays a big role in this factor. It used to be an underground area, but then it changed over time as I changed graphics, and added new things. The first area in level 3 was kind of short, and didn't really explain how it got to the next area. To this day, I haven't gotten that figured out. Anyway, I've decided to add on to the first area a bit then call it good. Then work on the next area. It shouldn't take too long. Another factor that plays into the fact that it's taking awhile, is that I'm still brushing up on some mechanics in level 3. I also plan to release an update video in the near future.
It's been months. Over half a year in fact. So that'll be something to get excited about. Release date? A month or 2. Also, I plan to release a beta test once I finish it up. I'll have people beta test, send in reports on critiquing levels, and bug reports, then release a demo on exe for the first time publicly, and it'll be available in the Platform Builder Explore section.

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2019, 07:51:08 AM »
Yeah, to be honest, I often can be barely sure you try to be polite with the other members here who use PB. Your quotes, symbols and short question are often like: "Do you want to say something? :o " and I am not the only one who has that problem.
yeah Mechasaur, you should be ashamed

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Proud Admin of Plugger's Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2019, 08:45:05 AM »
Yeah, to be honest, I often can be barely sure you try to be polite with the other members here who use PB. Your quotes, symbols and short question are often like: "Do you want to say something? :o " and I am not the only one who has that problem.

how dare me for being the only one that has a blunt and sarcastic personality

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2019, 02:35:55 PM »
I never knew ASM had so many followers!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2019, 07:03:31 PM »
Your game is actually more popular than mine actually! ::) You see, you have some people on your game page who appeared never or once only on my game page but who didn't come back even after that I released an update with a Power Plant... I must say that most of the post for my game comes because of your comments and I really appreciate this. :)

For me, your game progress has been too slow considering how much time has been passed, your game has had a lot of disorderly, bugs and errors and you have been moved away from one thing to another too quickly often. Your game has a lot of mentionable complicated systems, new look and game style experience, however, and at last, you have made several levels in the mentionable amount of time, a lot of special things, etc. :)
I may have not much to say about your game as we mostly talk about ASM or my game when being in chat and I mention a lot about what I think and what should be fixed. This is why there are forums like this. Chat is nice sometimes but should be limited to save some time because as I said in chat chatting will make no new things. Forums can be used to talk about several kinds of things and as much as wanted and possible.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 07:25:13 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2019, 03:10:09 AM »
yeah Mechasaur, you should be ashamed

for being the only person that can joke around? you're right! I am sooooooooooooo sorry

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2019, 02:44:54 PM »
YOU CAN READ AN ASM UPDATE BELOW! (It's in all caps to get your attention, if you're not part of this current discussion)

for being the only person that can joke around? you're right! I am sooooooooooooo sorry
Well, hardly anybody takes your posts as jokes. Let alone understands you. Just PLEASE speak English in the future!

Your game is actually more popular than mine actually! ::) You see, you have some people on your game page who appeared never or once only on my game page but who didn't come back even after that I released an update with a Power Plant... I must say that most of the post for my game comes because of your comments and I really appreciate this. :)

For me, your game progress has been too slow considering how much time has been passed, your game has had a lot of disorderly, bugs and errors and you have been moved away from one thing to another too quickly often. Your game has a lot of mentionable complicated systems, new look and game style experience, however, and at last, you have made several levels in the mentionable amount of time, a lot of special things, etc. :)
I may have not much to say about your game as we mostly talk about ASM or my game when being in chat and I mention a lot about what I think and what should be fixed. This is why there are forums like this. Chat is nice sometimes but should be limited to save some time because as I said in chat chatting will make no new things. Forums can be used to talk about several kinds of things and as much as wanted and possible.
Thanks a lot Alley! I always assumed your game got the most attention. Because I usually didn't have much to offer. About me beings slow in development... I am working on ASM like never before. I've always been very serious about it. But I don't recall a time like now, where I have worked on a lot in a short period of time.

I prefer chatting because...Well, it's instant chat. I was always frustrated because I would sit here and wait 45 minutes for someone to post messages. Although today, I don't do as much on the forums because I've now accepted the fact that people aren't on as often as I seem to be. Which is okay, because I can use the time better to get something done.

ASM UPDATE:
I said I would get a lot done on Saturday. Well, I didn't. I got very little done. It was because a few things came up that hindered my time with ASM. So, I'm going to fix that today. :)

Gizgord

• average
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2019, 05:42:06 PM »
Well, hardly anybody takes your posts as jokes. Let alone understands you. Just PLEASE speak English in the future!
zgadzam się, bardzo mnie to denerwuje, gdy używasz innych języków od angielskiego. proszę nie rób tego!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 05:42:24 PM by Gizgord »

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2019, 05:45:40 PM »
Say what? I'll translate...

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2019, 05:47:24 PM »
Gizgord said, "I agree, it annoes me very much when you use other languages from English. Please do not do it!"

I used a translator.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2019, 04:03:56 PM »
ASM UPDATE:

Hey! I've always kind of wanted to tell you what I've gotten done. Well, I've decided to tell you at last. Yesterday, I officially created a 4th power-up. Oh, don't worry! There won't be a few power-ups to see. I've created a whole new "power-up section." Partly to save time in development. What about worlds? Well, to be honest, the only thing I have gotten done with that matter is world 1. A very, very long time ago, I started working on World 3. But I never got very far. I looked back on it about a week ago and realized that it'll have to get serious graphic upgrades. I had to replace a ton of enemies and such since I created it long before I considered using custom enemies. ASM will NOT include hardly ANY original PB sprites. The only things I'll keep are the character sprites used in PB, and the ground tiles. Unless Ting takes a workaround suggestion to do 3D tile imports, I'll keep the original tilesets. Of course I'll have to make my own for new worlds, and I already have in fact. Speaking of new worlds, I recently made the decision to add a brand new world. I've already have the art concept and such, and some ideas for introducing brand new gameplay. Oh, and ASM will feature lots of new gameplay concepts. Not just run-n-jump typical PB type things. ASM will be like Alleys game, Invasion: Going Personal (I suggest you play it, it's really cool.) But with new character moves, and replaced sprites and such. Like IGP (Invasion: Going Personal) it'll introduce a new challenge/concept in almost every new level. Like a lot of mobile games, the further you progress, the more you unlock. Well, ASM will have a similar thing. The first few levels in ASM won't have a very valuable section. The workshop. I've got a screenshot of it a little ways above. Anyway, there will always be something new to unlock, something new to do, some new challenge to conquer, etc. As I've said 1,000 times before, (and I'll say it 10,000 times more) ASM is going to be big! So, stay tuned, and remember, The way of the Cross leads Home!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2019, 01:07:37 PM »
ASM UPDATE:

I've got big, great news! The Adventures of Super Mike is now developed by me, (CGM_games) and TingThing! (Ting Thing Productions) We have now merged together to make ASM the best Platform Builder game possible! TingThing has agreed to help with the development of ASM, not only as a de-bugger, programmer, and developer of Platform Builder, but now he is helping work on some other things which will be kept top secret for now. Anyway, get excited!

CGM_games

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2019, 08:06:50 AM »
interesting

I'm sure it'll work out and back up your claims about ASM being the best for once

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2019, 04:10:45 PM »
Thanks for finally actually talking like someone intelligent for once Mechasaur! I guess that when I released the first playable build, I kept thinking of things that I hadn't put into it. Many of the annoying bugs you probably found are still trying to be fixed. I'm improving the power-up system so that they work properly. But it still acts up sometimes.

Gizgord

• average
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2019, 05:50:45 PM »
Thanks for finally actually talking like someone intelligent for once Mechasaur!
roasted.