Author Topic: The Adventures of Super Mike 1  (Read 37160 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventures of Super Mike 1
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2019, 06:32:20 PM »
What do you mean Gizgord?

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2019, 07:42:07 PM »
you kind of made fun of him, intentionally or not

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2019, 08:34:15 PM »
Um, I was trying to compliment him on using a proper english sentence. I should probably have chosen better words to describe what I meant.

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Proud Admin of Plugger's Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2019, 06:29:27 AM »

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2019, 06:32:58 AM »
Thanks for finally actually talking like someone intelligent for once Mechasaur!

I've always been smart, I just say what's on my mind

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2019, 05:20:01 PM »
Ah. But I've heard that it's best to not say whatever comes to your head when you speak.

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2019, 06:30:54 PM »
I've heard that it's best to not say whatever comes to your head when you speak.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2019, 10:43:31 PM »
Uh...?

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #98 on: June 12, 2019, 07:21:44 PM »
ASM UPDATE:

I've got big, great news! The Adventures of Super Mike is now developed by me, (CGM_games) and TingThing! (Ting Thing Productions) We have now merged together to make ASM the best Platform Builder game possible! TingThing has agreed to help with the development of ASM, not only as a de-bugger, programmer, and developer of Platform Builder, but now he is helping work on some other things which will be kept top secret for now. Anyway, get excited!

CGM_games
Oh, I am curious... ::) What kind of things Ting_Thing will produce for your game? :) And how can he do it? It takes a lot of time for me to produce things for IGP but I know PB is much bigger... Where is he going to take his time?

Also, I am happy to see that ASM going to have some type of hub similarly from IGP to have levels that will be unique/different each and I am glad to see you support my game that much and talking that much good about it. ::) I am sure you will keep your game original and I have seen you have made some bigger improvements to your game. Adding some new ways about how to beat it would sure make it better. O:-)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 07:22:14 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 12, 2019, 08:56:45 PM »
I'm trying to attempt to make ASM to appeal to almost any 2D platformer fan. It'll have lots of new gameplay that will be seen in the next update. I'm not joking. The HUB will be big too. TingThing will be supporting some top secret stuff using the UPE, and something else. I'm going to keep his work secret for now, but suffice it to say it's got to do with introducing a few simple things that PB cannot support. The HUB will feature some of his work. He won't be involved with a ton of things in ASM, just maybe a few brand new things that have to do with abilities and stuff, but different things. TingThing says he'll be more available this summer. So, he'll have time to help. I can safely say that DEMO #2, will be out in at least 4 months. Longer than I expected. But if you wanna see something incredibly amazing, it's going to be worth the wait. By the way, if you wanna an idea of what the HUB will be like, go no further than super mario galaxy 2's HUB. There will be secrets in the HUB as well. As you progress through the game, you will unlock/find brand new tools and objects to do new things. EG. If you see something in level 2 that you can't get through, you may need to unlock/find something in a later level to go through that secret. There will be different currencies. Each can unlock something new. Achievements will definitely be in ASM. But I have not yet started development as of yet.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2019, 03:14:17 PM »
I see. :) TingThing said also that he may help me whenever I have problems in coding with GML when he commented my other projects in my Introduction post about myself that have couple examples about what I do. I only focus on Platform Builder for now mostly because with the time limits I can't do much bigger anyways. So I don't need much help but otherwise...That it is how it would go. ::)

Yeah, 4 months is again, very long... But I hope that your game will have a lot of new to offer then and will be decent also so there wouldn't be any bugs nor broken things. ::)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 03:15:49 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2019, 03:19:02 PM »
I do wish I could just somehow just finish the game to be like I want it with the wave of a wand. But, this is going to take time. I can guarantee brand new gameplay. Lots of new ways to play are being worked on, and some has been completed. Just needs some polishing. Also, I really should update the first post for this topic.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2019, 03:23:54 PM »
Great! :)

And yeah... I also have updated my the main post sometimes. ::) With time the game can change a lot you know.
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2019, 04:13:28 PM »
ASM PAGE UPDATE:

Hey everyone! I've been looking at the first post, and thinking, "Man! What am I doing? This needs to get updated!" Well, here's everything brand new. Also, the LONG awaited plot has finally been released! Check it out!

NOTE: This isn't an edit.
OFFICIAL WEBSITE LINK

]
The Adventures of Super Mike is a game that is a 2D platformer, with tons of possible gameplay. The game is currently unavailable on the Platform Builder Explore. Development started in February 2018. ASM will feature 120 levels, (this includes bonus levels, and maybe extra minigames, though not yet decided.) The game uses almost 100% custom sprites. In the sense that I've designed everything except for the characters, a few ground tiles, etc.

FEATURES
120 beautifully designed levels (Currently 3 complete, I've spent most of the time developing features in ASM)
10+ power-ups (4 complete)
Tons of enemies, (Unknown amount) HELP NEEDED! I need you're guy's imaginations to come up with brand new enemy ideas.
Tons of mechanics, and different gameplay.
One of the most amazing games you've ever played

PLOT
Now, the long awaited plot, is now disclosed!!!

Overview:
Meet Mike. An ordinary guy looking for adventure, and a new life. Little does he know, that he's about to be launched into an adventure bigger than he ever would have imagined.

Storyline
A group of people want to move out into new, unexplored lands. They find a land of which is inhabited by evil villains. Not knowing that these dastardly villains own the land of which they want to settle in, they begin starting a new life in this land. At first, these evil enemies don't really care that they are invading their land. Until...They found out...What they possess. They possess power beyond measure. Power to defeat the enemies. The BVC's. (Bible Verse Cards.) The Bible Verse Cards have power, over anything! The enemies decide to take action. Else, their miserable existence will cease. On the very day that they dedicate their new town, the villains attack. Taking away the BVC's. And taking them high into the air, and scattering them. Mike, is one of them. A skeptic of sorts. He doesn't believe what the townspeople believe. Though he doesn't care for the BVC's, he decides to take action against the dastardly villains. Running across a special cap, with special powers, he attempts to stop them. Then, seeing that he is a huge problem for them, blast him off to a far, far away forest. While there, he meets new friends, and some old ones, and tries to figure out what is so special about the BVC's. While learning along the way, that they do have power. Little does Mike know, that there will be lots of future adventures of which he isn't sure he will be able to face on his own. Facing dangerous mountains, going across hot deserts, through a remote island, and even through an electrified city.

Release Date
Demo #1 was released in mid October of 2018. The game was later rendered unplayable. Due to advancement in development, and not knowing that the game was unplayable, Demo#1 was taken off of Platform Builder Explore.

Demo #2's release date is uncertain. Since this is more like a full game than a demo, it will take many months. It's estimated October of 2019. If not sooner, or later. While still unconfirmed, ASM is a game that is hoped to be the best PB game available.

Developers
The Adventures of Super Mike (ASM) is developed by CGM_games (CGM is short for Christian Game Maker, that'd be me) and the well known TingThing Productions.

Credits for the game,

Developed by CGM_games and TingThing Productions

Lead programmer: TingThing and CGM (Christian Game Maker)

Concept Art: CGM (Christian Game Maker)

Spriters: CGM (Christian Game Maker)

Platform Builder support: TingThing

Debuggers: TingThing CGM (Christian Game Maker)

Support: Alley, (Team Alju5) Antikore Games, Gizgord, LyndsWins, McPopato, setapdede.

Music Composed by, CGM_games (Christian Game Maker)

A big thanks to everyone who has participated in ASM!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2019, 03:20:01 PM »
New artwork for ASM! Introducing a lot of the items and objects coming in demo 2. Including a few brand new enemies! As you saw in the last snapshot, there was a lot of unseen things. In this one, you'll see re-done sprites, and a bunch of new things. Though I won't explain what most of them do, I will tell you that each has a useful function. A couple are still under development. But I just wanted to show them off anyway. It's been fun putting this great game together. Go ahead and study the picture at you're leasure! I can't wait to see what you guys speculate about each object. :)