Author Topic: Character Creation  (Read 2389 times)

12pittma

• Level 0: Bipi
    • View Profile
Character Creation
« on: January 13, 2019, 07:39:35 AM »
I just purchased the game on Steam in hopes to make a game for my friend's gender reveal. I wanted to upload a custom character but the feature is not working at all and either shows my character as invisible, causes my character to move around the screen oddly, or causes the entire game screen to go completely white. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what. Not sure what file type the character file needs to be in, and the program told me to "go to page 8 of the manual" to see how to upload your own character but I have not been able to find this "manual" anywhere. Please help, was really looking forward to using this. Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 06:37:07 PM by 12pittma »

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
Re: Character Creation
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 10:44:43 AM »
When you're at level editing, there is a button at the bottom-right that goes to the manual I think...
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 10:46:02 AM »
Great to have new faces here.
This post should be on the sub-forum of "Report bugs or glitches"
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 12:09:11 PM »
 all I know about custom sprites is that you need to use a template and it has to be a .png file to work.
but I never used it, maybe it broke in one update and no one noticed.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 12:12:13 PM by Gizgord »

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Proud Admin of Plugger's Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 07:16:21 AM »
I just purchased the game on Steam in hopes to make a game for my friend's gender reveal. I wanted to upload a custom character but the feature is not working at all and either shows my character as invisible, causes my character to move around the screen oddly, or causes the entire game screen to go completely white. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what. Not sure what file type the character file needs to be in, and the program told me to "go to page 8 of the manual" to see how to upload your own character but I have not been able to find this "manual" anywhere. Please help, was really looking forward to using this. Thanks.

go to page 8 is totally helpful! it always works :^)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 01:48:14 PM »
Hmm... I used to have this problem before I knew what I was doing. You can (for example) use Paint.Net to create a character sprite sheet. You simply need to get the character template. Head over to the character designer, and edit your currently existing design, or add a new one. You want to export a character template by clicking on export. Select the images destination and then name it. Save the image, and open it with Paint.Net. Create your character movements in the green boxes. You will see that the sprite sheet has character sprites on it. You erase, and replace those animations. Keep your work in the green boxes.

About the manual, you can access the manual through any course editor. Where the background and music editors are, (at the bottom right of the screen) you will see a book like image. Click on it, and you are in the manual. You can navigate via arrow keys.

And welcome 12 Pittma! It's great to see new members here! I will have been a member for a whole year tomorrow! January 17 2019. I joined January 17 2018. And so, yeah. I know how to work PB pretty well. And to explain something that may come up, these aren't the first forums, so, my registration date is in Feb 2018. Because we moved from Tapatalk in February 2018. So anyway, I'm happy to help, and welcome again!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 05:19:54 PM »
Welcome, 12pittma!

I haven't tested if uploading custom character sheet may work somehow improperly after the latest update for PB and I am not going to do it, for now, to save time because people have given some answers to you. :) Please tell us if you still struggle with uploading your own character!
It is nice to see one new member here again but also, I hope you will keep being with us! ::)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 05:20:48 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)