Author Topic: can anyone know why mario builder is replaced with platform builder?  (Read 1591 times)

zdrmonster12

• (not) Anonymous
  • Level 1: Bizz
    • View Profile
    • youtube user account
can anyone know why mario builder is replaced with platform builder?

just a question

anwser if you know

hello?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 08:40:38 PM by zdrmonster12 »

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: can anyone know why mario builder is replaced with platform builder?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 02:19:04 AM »

I asked Ting Thing the same question in a private message on the old forums. He said "I stopped working on Mario Builder for several reasons, most significantly that it was too time consuming for me, and I built it up to a place that I was proud with. If I could have marketed the program like I do with Platform Builder, I probably would have continued developing it. But since it used so much copy-written material belonging to Nintendo, I didn't feel it was morally right and I definitely didn't want to get into a legal battle with them. Another reason I stopped was because I was concerned that Mario Builder would eventually be shut down by Nintendo, and I didn't want to invest so much time into a project that would eventually have to stop. I turned out to be right. About a year ago, Nintendo wrote to GameJolt and asked them to remove a large number of fan games which contained material belonging to them. Mario Builder was on their list. I could still work on it and upload it elsewhere, but at that point I would be knowingly going against the will of Nintendo." That's an exact copy of what he sent to me.

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
Re: can anyone know why mario builder is replaced with platform builder?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 05:15:21 PM »
Resuming: Copyright Problems...
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P