Author Topic: Bad games on Explore  (Read 1683 times)

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
Bad games on Explore
« on: March 09, 2019, 10:58:35 PM »
alright, hear me out. I know that our community is in rough shape and we need more users, but people uploaded many... not quality ones. I'll say it, garbage levels.
you know the ones: levels with wrong tile placement, very short and easy levels, games with only one level, no title screens, game overs or completed game screens, levels you can't beat or even levels you can't START (eg. the one with discord on a thumbnail).
I reported a few of them and you should too if you didn't already. these aren't really helping anyone, they're just there to thrash the server.

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Bad games on Explore
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 08:08:08 PM »
Yeah. I do agree. Whenever I see the new game on explore notification, I hope to see something worth playing.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 10:41:33 PM »
I agree with you about that amount of really bad games existing on Explore and I even previously complained about that case somewhere previously showing an example with a screenshot... I have a question, however, about the first post in this topic. May this be the reason also why IGP have gotten considerable attention only by CGM and Antikore? ??? Because my game didn't have any designed screens too for a very long time. :D

About the "Report" button I must say that I have never touched that. I don't think it was meant to be for reporting about really bad games but for reporting about violating any terms. I think TingThing should make a way to sort the content by the members that would affect reputation for the game publically so a game developer wouldn't be insulted by TingThing too much. :)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 10:57:51 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 10:49:38 PM »
I think you're right about the report button. I finally got PB open recently, and found a flood of new games and levels.

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Proud Admin of Plugger's Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 08:50:46 AM »
the wonders of the PB community

and I told ya so that there would be some hot garbage around in explore

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 03:42:49 PM »
I think even Mario Maker levels have more quality than these.