Author Topic: Wall jump bug from the right side  (Read 228 times)

Christian Game Maker

• Currently developing Project ASM (The Adventures Of Super Mike) And manager of platformbuilderfansite.weebly.com!
  • Level 21: Magmus
  • The way of the Cross leads home.
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Fansite
Re: Wall jump bug from the right side
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2019, 10:16:43 PM »
I see.
Christian Game Maker: 3:16 Numbers Of Hope

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 14: Grooper
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2019, 02:54:49 AM »
Hm... I tried running these same levels and I am not getting that glitch which  I see in the video. Everything is working fine.

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2019, 12:46:57 AM »
I found your problem.

In area 03, you have a looping command which includes this:

Code: [Select]
if area var attack = 0
player 1 = face right

This causes the bike to change the direction it faces when wall-sliding. It messes up the wall-sliding code that I am using in PB. Change your looping command to say this instead:

if area var attack = 0 && wall sliding = 0
player 1 = face right

That should fix it. ;)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 12:48:02 AM by TingThing »

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2019, 03:02:33 PM »
You are not only very cooperating and calm good developer but also very objective. You found the problem and instead of suggesting me to remove what I have made for cutting out the glitch you give me an alternative which would remove the glitch but which also will keep my level look as it has been meant to be. :)

Thank you! Your solution, however, does not fix the case completely. Wall jumping from right in 03 is now possible which makes a whole thing a lot better and more playable but this glitch will still happen when colliding with a solid object, moving left and jumping at the same time. And this glitch also happens at the very top of the solid object.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 03:32:14 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2019, 07:42:09 PM »
You are not only very cooperating and calm good developer but also very objective. You found the problem and instead of suggesting me to remove what I have made for cutting out the glitch you give me an alternative which would remove the glitch but which also will keep my level look as it has been meant to be. :)

Thank you! Your solution, however, does not fix the case completely. Wall jumping from right in 03 is now possible which makes a whole thing a lot better and more playable but this glitch will still happen when colliding with a solid object, moving left and jumping at the same time. And this glitch also happens at the very top of the solid object.

Thank you for your kind words.

In that case, you might want to rethink the commands a little. Maybe something like:

if standing = true || walking = true || jumping = true || running = true
player 1 = face right

Something like that might do the trick.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2019, 08:45:46 PM »
Sure! :)

But no... I mean about the example you gave me. This isn't working even better than the previous one you gave me. But I think that it is okay because I create something different and no one says it must look exactly like I made it look at the first time. I think the most important is that a player keeps facing to the right if being in touch with the road to leave imagination that a motorcycle trying to ride with the other vehicles so it would look logical also that the other vehicles get no away from the motorcycle. ::) So I quit a plan to keep the player facing to right always for saving time and added CMD blocks to the ground so the player doesn't need to face right when being in the air or on the vehicles. I saved some space between those CMD blocks and the vehicles so the player would try to change the direction continuously.
And I think it looks fairly good enough now. :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 08:48:43 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)