Author Topic: Projectile and enemy settings custom sprites  (Read 3053 times)

oken

• Level 0: Bipi
    • View Profile
Projectile and enemy settings custom sprites
« on: April 15, 2019, 08:18:38 AM »
Wouldn't it be cool if the projectiles got life out/hit sprite animations?
Or enemy death animations?
Let me explain. If you shot a projectile and it was set (this feature is also a suggestion) so that the projectile get's destroyed on impact on any object, then it should play an animation. Or if an enemy was killed, you jump on it, and it plays an animation.
I would be happy to create these sprites, but will Ting Thing decide to do this? I think this would improve PB's reception. As most of our suggestions do.

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Projectile and enemy settings custom sprites
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 08:25:23 AM »
I've done some sprite work for Ting, he sometimes accepts the ideas. He's a single developer, and can't get to everything. With the UPE this will be possible, but you will have to learn GML code. I don't know for sure, but I think that 6.5 might allow this somehow. Welcome to the forums oken! I'm Christian Game Maker!

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 11:54:06 AM »
GML is not that hard as it seems :)
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 02:42:53 PM »
I just don't care to learn it. So Antikore...Do you think you're up to the UPE jobs for ASM yet?

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 09:00:29 PM »
Welcome, oken!

I personally, don't imagine much frames for the projectiles than explosion variants at least for now... Projectiles have their own particle effects when being made safe and so I think there is enough look for projectiles when being destroyed. :)
About the enemies, I totally agree. An enemy may fall or explode but there are no more ways about how to represent special dying like for a player who can collapse down for example. Otherwise, it would be possible to make some alternative death states easier and faster using some custom mechanics. Anyways, TingThing already is working on a way to draw our own frames and I think that this may be the solution for this and also for some other suggestion that we have made for sprites subject. :)

I hope you will be active longer and will share your own game with us also! O:-)
Alley (T_Alj5)

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 06:31:26 AM »
I just don't care to learn it. So Antikore...Do you think you're up to the UPE jobs for ASM yet?

I prefer to work with my own projects ;)
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 04:12:18 PM »
I have some fairly simple projects. Such as exporting, character sprite collision and some other (hopefully) simple things. Maybe I can get TheEpicz to work with me.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 08:23:04 PM »
I prefer to work with my own projects ;)

That is what I thought before you got an answer for the previous message on this topic. ::)

Christian Game Maker, just if you really have the interest to do something you also should work with yourself enough to make something you like. I believe that no one actually has nothing against it to cooperate you but I have tried to explain this to you several times. Our times are limited... Guess, when I would ask you to cooperate with me to work with IGP at the same time when you also want to work with ASM! And I would also say that I want it but I don't bother to improve my skills so you go work for something I want. There are only polite methods to say "No" to you and fortunately, people prefer this than to be too honest.
This will not happen... People don't have enough time to be even active in the forums nor work their own projects and you say you don't care to give your contribution to fill any of your goals. No one will accept this kind of offers especially with such kind of honesty.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 08:25:37 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Proud Admin of Plugger's Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2019, 03:41:15 AM »
^

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2019, 06:16:40 PM »
You Mechasaur strive to write some kind of quotes and symbols or post some kind of videos to represent your feelings somehow. I understand that you may be one who wants to be pop or cool guy but I think the most important is, however, to make yourself clear to the others. ::) You see, there are no many members who would send a lot of blinks and lol's to make some buddy text here. I, for example, don't understand this kind of quotes, lol's and videos that should answer any detailed posts somehow.  ???
Alley (T_Alj5)

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2019, 10:32:26 PM »
It doesn't concern me honestly

I did that because I agreed with what you said

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2019, 01:05:36 PM »
I agree with allar. I can't understand what you mean 99% of the time.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2019, 11:18:08 AM »
It doesn't concern me honestly

I did that because I agreed with what you said
First, I must admit that I am glad you agree with what I said. Also, Christian Game Maker agreed with what I said so I can confirm that I don't make a stupid talk only. ::) It, however, should concern you if people don't understand you because you waste your time spending your time here if your message wasn't sent to people minds. Don't you think? ::) I don't mean anything bad...
Also, sorry if I seem to be stark a bit. Sometimes, some people may graze my worldview with their sayings and sometimes, some people may leave me some kind of feeling did they want to hint to somewhere or something else like this. This may cause me to be really honest about what I think without any concern about other people feelings. But this may be also the reason, why you should make yourself clear because other people may not be like me and may prefer to be quiet but they still may think like "What did he wanted to say? :o ".
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 11:20:22 AM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2019, 08:10:56 PM »
I think that we should care about what other people think, and if they have a problem, you try to help them with it.

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2019, 07:25:15 AM »
First, I must admit that I am glad you agree with what I said. Also, Christian Game Maker agreed with what I said so I can confirm that I don't make a stupid talk only. ::) It, however, should concern you if people don't understand you because you waste your time spending your time here if your message wasn't sent to people minds. Don't you think? ::) I don't mean anything bad...
Also, sorry if I seem to be stark a bit. Sometimes, some people may graze my worldview with their sayings and sometimes, some people may leave me some kind of feeling did they want to hint to somewhere or something else like this. This may cause me to be really honest about what I think without any concern about other people feelings. But this may be also the reason, why you should make yourself clear because other people may not be like me and may prefer to be quiet but they still may think like "What did he wanted to say? :o ".

it's not like you're the only one that snarks or anything