Author Topic: HUD editor...Without a game setup menu???  (Read 879 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
HUD editor...Without a game setup menu???
« on: April 27, 2019, 11:34:01 PM »
I just got this idea less than 1 minute before starting to write this post. What if... We were able to edit our hud? (Let me rephrase myself, add on to our hud.) What Ting could do is to instead of moving objects around our playing field, why not actually spawn/move objects in the view field? I would do just sprites. What we can do is position/spawn (using x and y position commands) we could move sprites around the viewer. How would we customize our hud? One thing we could do is remove the hud completely, then for beginning commands have sprites spawn and stuff in certain areas of our camera view. Using our constant command command prompt button, we can create conditionals so that the sprites will change depending on what is happening. EG, if we collect an item, and we want it to show a sprite in the camera view, we could simply spawn it where we want to. If we lose it for example, (the item that is) then we can tell it to remove the graphic. How about doing this? We could also create a whole new HP tracker with this technique as well.