Author Topic: Empty custom character sprite sheet  (Read 2035 times)

Aeterna Games | Æ

• Game Developer and Creator of Aeterna Games | Æ
  • Level 10: Jelli
  • I‘m a big fan of Escape-Rooms =)
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Empty custom character sprite sheet
« on: April 26, 2020, 05:02:14 PM »
I've made a clear sprite sheet to use, so u can make custom characters easier and faster now! :D

Empty sprite sheet:

Have Fun! :)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 05:02:52 PM by Aeterna Games | Æ »
My Projects:

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Empty custom character sprite sheet
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 01:43:09 AM »
I made one of these about 2 years ago. Nobody ever seemed to use it, and it had problems with out-of-place pixels. I'm glad someone else decided to do this, though it may not be necessary anymore once 8.0 is out.

Aeterna Games | Æ

• Game Developer and Creator of Aeterna Games | Æ
  • Level 10: Jelli
  • I‘m a big fan of Escape-Rooms =)
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 02:01:24 AM »
Oh lol oof... Epic fail!
I saw it now, but u didn't work properly. Parts of lines are missing and there are still remnants of old sprites that you missed.
My Projects:

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 02:35:48 AM »
Exactly what I said. I didn't know much about Paint.Net back then. My work was shameful back then...Really bad artwork. About the only thing I think that was halfway decent that I made without much knowledge, what my first character sheet I spent about 2 hours making when it could have been done in about 15 minutes, called Mr. Block.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 01:29:11 PM »
To be honest I also thought of producing something like this for the others before CGM actually did it but I personally haven't made new sheets from this but from regular sheets that can be saved from PB. It is not difficult to cut out from the square and sometimes sprites in it can be a good temporary template about what should be inside of each square and in what position exactly.
Also, PB offers now much more ways to make the needed simpler than making everything by ourselves completely... ::)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 01:30:33 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2020, 04:13:44 PM »
I really think I should rethink ASM's artwork...The background of your test map (I'm still not sure what a "map" is in this context) I'm not a super huge fan of, but those tilesets look hyper realistic.

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2020, 04:41:16 PM »
I've made a clear sprite sheet to use, so u can make custom characters easier and faster now! :D
I personnaly just take the default spritesheet and fill the boxes with blank but thx anyway
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!