Author Topic: Ultimate Platformer Engine Release and Launch Sale!  (Read 2153 times)

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
Ultimate Platformer Engine Release and Launch Sale!
« on: June 03, 2019, 02:57:12 AM »
Hello everyone! The Ultimate Platformer Engine is now released on the Marketplace! Check it out!

The large-file-size-upload problem with YoyoGames is still an issue and I have no idea when it will be resolved. However, I was tired of waiting and so I made a workaround. For the time being, this engine comes with everything except for the sounds and music, which need to be added separately. The sounds and music are also on the marketplace, and they can be added to your account for free. There are three separate packages that need to be added to the engine. They are here, here, and here. You will need to add those assets so that everything will work properly.

In my previous announcement about the UPE, I released a beta and forewarned you that it would not be free forever. Because of the nature of this project, the time spent in developing it, and several other factors, the price for the Ultimate Platformer Engine will regularly be $18.99. This is a low price for the value of the engine. HOWEVER, I am running a 7-day launch sale where you can add this engine to your yoyogames account for $2.99. That's a steal. If you are thinking of getting this engine to have it permanently on your YoyoGames account with free updates, this is the time to do it.

You may also have noticed that I redesigned these forums a little bit to accommodate discussion for the Ultimate Platformer Engine.

Best,
TingThing
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 04:03:09 PM by TingThing »

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Platformer Engine Release and Launch Sale!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 09:53:11 AM »
The large-file-size-upload problem with YoyoGames is still and issue and I have no idea when it will be resolved.
you made a typo.
I'm curious to see what comes out of this. :P
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 09:53:31 AM by Gizgord »

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 02:33:11 PM »
Wow. That is a steal of a deal! I just don't know if I'll be able to get the deal... :( Or if I even want the UPE. So, this is a bit of an interesting situation for me, oh well.

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 04:03:26 PM »
you made a typo.
I'm curious to see what comes out of this. :P

Thanks, It's fixed.

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2019, 01:10:00 PM »
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that this is the last day of the launch Sale for the Ultimate Platformer Engine. If you plan to get it sometime, this is probably the time.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2019, 03:00:34 PM »
Okay, I want the UPE, but I don't know if I'll be able to get it today! Well, we'll just see what happens.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 03:14:45 PM »
Oh, what about that page about the UPE on the PB website that you said you were going to make?