Author Topic: Top 3 suggestions I want to see in PB 5.4  (Read 1454 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Top 3 suggestions I want to see in PB 5.4
« on: July 17, 2018, 02:08:54 AM »
In PB 5.4, there are only 3 things I really want to see. #1: Store menu/stored items in pause menu. (Can be found in another topic.) #2: Charge shots. Holding the shoot key longer makes the shots go higher and farther. #3: Targets. In Stickmans Bad Luck, there is a bow and arrow which is used to hit targets. These targets activate things. These targets would be super easy to develop. Simply (to Ting Thing. Note this is how I see it. I am not a programmer.) Take the stickman game sprites and add them into PB (the target sprites) and program them so that when a projectile (if the projectile is set to activate switches/targets) hits the target, it is supposed to do what Command Prompt tells it to do. This way, we can make puzzle games easier. If you want to see these suggestions in Platform Builder, post a reply!

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
Re: Top 3 suggestions I want to see in PB 5.4
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 05:21:29 PM »
You could theoretically rig up a custom enemy to be a target.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 06:31:24 PM »
Yeah, you could, but I mean a target only projectiles and such can activate. Like a special command block that executes commands if a projectile hits it. Then, that would be a great alternative.

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 06:56:11 PM »
You can make enemies that only certain projectiles can kill. Give the enemy a defense higher than the attack power of the projectile, and give the enemy a weakness (like "fire"), and give the special projectile a fire attack.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 06:57:33 PM »
Yeah. You do have a point. But still, the projectile activation CMD block idea really sounds cool. It probably would be able to be in 5.4. Although, you do have little time...