Author Topic: Path Creator  (Read 851 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Path Creator
« on: July 20, 2019, 06:09:33 PM »
Okay, I've thought about this for months. And I have never suggested it because IDK if it's even possible. But possible or not, I'm going to suggest it. A path creator. Basically, it's just an editor where you can edit nodes that create a path. And, you can assign enemies, projectiles, items, blocks, etc to follow this path. Using commands, or just selecting a path in the editor of whatever you want to assign the path to. Oh, and NPC's.

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Path Creator
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 07:30:36 AM »
So it's to create a custom pathfinding for only one entity huh ?
It's really interesting but IDK if ill need it in my project.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Path Creator
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 04:18:16 PM »
I need this for a new custom mechanic in ASM. Arrows aren't working. It causes the enemy to do very weird things. Because I've modified the enemy to have a block follow it with a timeline running x and y positioning commands. It goes haywire. Also, the speed stuff for the arrows messes up the speed I want. So, for me, this would help me. Maybe TingThing has a solution.