Author Topic: Physics  (Read 1134 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Physics
« on: October 15, 2019, 09:10:38 PM »
Platform Builder needs a proper physics system. Which can be created from scratch. This would change PB dramatically.

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Physics
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 05:30:00 AM »
I think that custom physics for enemies would be enough for me.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 07:57:55 PM »
Custom physics for anything would be enough for anyone.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 03:16:57 PM »
Platform Builder doesn't need to have all game creating tools or we can take a break from PB to make something more complicated things which have been made for creating things from scratch or nothing. :) And I think PB has a very proper physics. Some people said that they prefer "perfect" physics like for Hello when we used MB a lot but when I played games made with Hello engine it was very difficult for me to control the player and it felt far from being perfect next to a lot of other games. Those physics are somehow so sudden and fast and too sensitive. At the same time, if it is hard to beat the MB game then it was not for sure because of physics.

I think that the perfect physics may be translated improperly also because of what we have used to handle more often. Let's just call physics proper if it has no much bugs nor glitches! And let's be honest, PB physics is very decent although every system has some undetected issues. :)
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 07:29:46 PM »
That's not what I meant. I want a system to build our own physics from scratch. To make the characters walk on ceilings and walls and such. The PB physics are practically impeccable. There's not much to complain about the physics that PB has already, but I want a physics editor. Like in GML. Built into PB.