Author Topic: ASM MicroDemo Series #1 (The Adventures of Super Mike)  (Read 1942 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
ASM MicroDemo Series #1 (The Adventures of Super Mike)
« on: October 29, 2019, 06:17:56 PM »
Yesterday, a thought came to me. How could I release a demo for ASM, then just...Take it off? Well, that doesn't sound right. Well, I figured to start a Micro Demo Series. I'll release these every so often as ASM gets more mature. Just to give a taste of ASM. To start off, I will release MicroDemo #1 in the near future which is basically going to be what DEMO #1 was. I'm calling it a micro demo because comparing DEMO#2's size to the microdemo I will release, the micro demo will be very small.

MicroDemo #1 will include Level 1. The following will be included in MircoDemo #1:
Standard BoomerangPic Axe (NEW*)
Balloons (NEW*)Springs (NEW*)
Blasters (NEW*)Hideaway Ground (NEW*)Apples (NEW*)Portals (NEW*)Boxes (NEW*)
Something I've learned is to keep levels basic. So Level #1 will just include a few neat things scattered about. The next MicroDemo will feature a HUB WORLD level. For those of you hardcore gamers, just wait for DEMO #2. This microdemo will be basic, simple, easy to play, and won't include much. I hope to release the first MicroDemo VERY soon. I just need to touch up on it a little, then put it into a new format.

*Items marked NEW are things not included in the first ASM demo. (Which is pretty much everything listed come to think of it...)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 06:27:00 PM by Christian Game Maker »

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: ASM MicroDemo Series #1 (The Adventures of Super Mike)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 09:22:45 AM »
as ASM gets more mature.
I don't think "mature" is the most adapted word, you should type instead "as ASM development progress"
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 11:22:55 PM »
I believe that word was very fitting.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 08:31:27 AM »
Its maybe because im french, and so the word "mature" means to me "game for adults"
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 06:23:25 PM »
Ah. Well I can assure you this game is intended even for 6 year olds. When I said mature, I meant as it grows. Gets bigger. That's what I meant.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 10:05:17 PM »
Yesterday, a thought came to me. How could I release a demo for ASM, then just...Take it off? Well, that doesn't sound right. Well, I figured to start a Micro Demo Series. I'll release these every so often as ASM gets more mature. Just to give a taste of ASM. To start off, I will release MicroDemo #1 in the near future which is basically going to be what DEMO #1 was. I'm calling it a micro demo because comparing DEMO#2's size to the microdemo I will release, the micro demo will be very small.

MicroDemo #1 will include Level 1. The following will be included in MircoDemo #1:
Standard BoomerangPic Axe (NEW*)
Balloons (NEW*)Springs (NEW*)
Blasters (NEW*)Hideaway Ground (NEW*)Apples (NEW*)Portals (NEW*)Boxes (NEW*)
Something I've learned is to keep levels basic. So Level #1 will just include a few neat things scattered about. The next MicroDemo will feature a HUB WORLD level. For those of you hardcore gamers, just wait for DEMO #2. This microdemo will be basic, simple, easy to play, and won't include much. I hope to release the first MicroDemo VERY soon. I just need to touch up on it a little, then put it into a new format.

*Items marked NEW are things not included in the first ASM demo. (Which is pretty much everything listed come to think of it...)
Good, I idea! :) This is how I also worked with IGP. I still make a new announcement when making a level again or a new system without any extra levels which can be considered to be a micro update. :)
When I made a critique to you then I always mentioned that it takes fictionally long before you release something little because you often work with everything in one time instead of doing little things frequently. With this post, I see you are actually doing what I suggested you to do. :) And with it, you also should keep more pleasure and inspiration working with your project because you also can share your achievements more frequently. Although your achievements may be little you at least have something to show. ;)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 10:06:50 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2019, 10:12:41 PM »
I've been ready to release this game. Just that I need a MAJOR bug fixed. I'm still waiting for it to get fixed.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2019, 05:43:02 PM »
Now we also face the problem that even if we would find a way to publish some public announcements fast so we also can get joy from knowing we have something to show we can't hope much for a way to update in Explore currently. :-\
Alley (T_Alj5)

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2019, 06:25:15 PM »
Now we also face the problem that even if we would find a way to publish some public announcements fast so we also can get joy from knowing we have something to show we can't hope much for a way to update in Explore currently. :-\
He just have to upload a standalone of the demo on gamejolt. It's more attractive and gamejolt is not offline as I know