Author Topic: Change sprites and settings  (Read 6116 times)

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
Re: Change sprites and settings
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2019, 06:38:45 AM »
I'm guessing that your light system is drawn with an instance that you placed somewhere in your room? Instances that are a certain distance outside the view are deactivated. You'll want to go to obj_main alarm[5] and add your light effect object to the list of objects that must always stay activated.

As for the character jumping horizontal movement, take a look at the screenshot. obj_char event_user 1 and 2 handle moving left and right. When the character is in the air, the character's speed is reduced by a multiplication factor. You could remove that factor or modify it. I think that will work for you. Make sure you do it for both left and right movement.

Galla

• Level 1: Bizz
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2019, 11:33:57 AM »
Yep, that was the problem. I need to test somethings but for now it's working even the shadows and the lamps that go on/of are working.

And the feel of the jump is now better too, need some balancing but now I know where I need to look.  Thank you.

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2019, 03:32:59 PM »
Awesome, glad to help!

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2019, 07:44:11 PM »
Looking at these pictures makes PB seem like it needs to get some additions. The things PB can't do that these pictures show is the special lights, the character with small collisions, and the rain. (Which technically could be done. Come to think of it.) Which makes me feel better that PB can do a lot of things that GMS2 can do. Not everything, but a lot. And ASM could REALLY use those special light surfaces.

War

• "The top player is here!"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2019, 02:41:29 PM »
He also need pixel-perfect display in fullscreen
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2019, 08:09:56 PM »
And what exactly is that?

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2019, 09:59:44 AM »

Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2019, 10:28:33 PM »
Hmm...Is that supposed to be a meme? If not, then I totally understand.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2019, 03:47:58 PM »
Hmm...Is that supposed to be a meme? If not, then I totally understand.
This is the difference between integrer scaling and bilinear scaling in fullscreen. Here's a better example

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2019, 09:49:45 PM »

Here is why I use pixel blending with Platform Builder: (click the image to see full resolution)

It's a decent look when you are using the smallest screen display with the view all the way back (giving a perfect 1 to 1 zoom ratio), but any kind of view of window resizing is going to give an unpleasant result. This can't be helped, and it is why pixel blending is necessary.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 09:55:00 PM by TingThing »

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2019, 11:57:29 PM »
You know, Warrior555, in ASM I always use the farthest view set because it looks better than anything else. Well, I use it most of the time unless absolutely necessary.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2019, 07:46:10 AM »
Or maybe we could add an option "Enable Pixel Bending" which would be set by default on true...?

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2019, 10:40:08 PM »

Yep, that was the problem. I need to test somethings but for now it's working even the shadows and the lamps that go on/of are working.

And the feel of the jump is now better too, need some balancing but now I know where I need to look.  Thank you.

This project sets probably the biggest priorities for the game in this community. O:-) I never could think of seeing much better projects than Castle Chamber, ASM and (I must admit also) IGP but it is looking to beat those all although I am not sure about how stable or glitchy your game will be that way anyway... Wow. Your goals are very courageous and seem really confident.
Your first images didn't impress me much but if working with a new system, modifications, more complicated things I don't find a level design to be that important first. :)

Just look you will not get lost already! ::) Although I always try to be fairly tolerant I strive to be critical rather. Your project can win my big praise. :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 10:52:52 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)