Author Topic: Feature to control with a mouse...  (Read 2287 times)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
Feature to control with a mouse...
« on: November 25, 2019, 01:58:49 PM »
Having a feature to fire toward the cursor is a very nice one but it would be nice to have an ability to also set attack or any other happen with mouse left, right and middle and perhaps middle roll up and down also. This would also simplify controlling the character because you would be able to move with one hand using a keyboard and using a mouse with the other hand for all attack stuff like in Doom. For now, it is still a bit complicated to set your controls to be comfortable in intense gameplay so you would not fail to do one or another thing because of failing to find a certain key quickly. ::)

I am talking about a feature to set mouse controls in the Settings menu. For now, if you click it shows a message about how to change keys.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 02:01:04 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
Re: Feature to control with a mouse...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 02:07:20 PM »
I think there's a reason why other 2D platformers are played with mostly keyboard and not half-keyboard, half-mouse.
but I could be wrong, maybe this could be a good addition.   :)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 02:07:41 PM by Gizgord »

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 06:55:50 PM »
A agree entirely.

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 07:03:01 PM »
You want to make what with this ?
A run-and-gun with mouse aiming ?
Or a point-n-click ?
Oh and also happy 600 replies :)

Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 05:33:37 PM »
You want to make what with this ?
A run-and-gun with mouse aiming ?
Or a point-n-click ?
Oh and also happy 600 replies :)
I think you got my answers to your questions in a topic written by Christian Game Maker. :)
And thank you for your congratulation to me because I just discovered that I was one who just accomplished 600 posts! ::) Also, you have not much to go with it anymore.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 05:36:04 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2019, 06:26:33 PM »
I think you got my answers to your questions in a topic written by Christian Game Maker. :)
And thank you for your congratulation to me because I just discovered that I was one who just accomplished 600 posts! ::) Also, you have not much to go with it anymore.
Im gonna beat you soon, you better keep your advantage because I post really often
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2019, 07:15:01 PM »
I don't compete with you with this. :P  Although it may feel somehow honored somehow having a title and name I think I will be never able to be active enough to enjoy my title long enough before the ranking system will be expanded again... ::)
In addition to it, personally I would not consider the "Master Builder" title too seriously because of the posts rather than taking that title more seriously because of the games created. :D

You are free to beat me but you must keep yourself old and moderately active as I am to keep your position. O0
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 07:19:38 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2019, 08:06:59 PM »
you must keep yourself old and moderately active as I am to keep your position.
We agree on this ;D

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 11:39:24 PM »
Yikes. Alley's an old time member, and is being beat by a guy who's been very active for a short time! It'll be awhile before anybody catches up with me. 25,000+ posts! A few of them are 1 word though. Like "Okay" or "Gotcha" or something like that.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2019, 11:39:46 AM »
Yikes. Alley's an old time member, and is being beat by a guy who's been very active for a short time! It'll be awhile before anybody catches up with me. 25,000+ posts! A few of them are 1 word though. Like "Okay" or "Gotcha" or something like that.
Its 2.500+, not 25,000+

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2019, 11:40:52 AM »

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2019, 02:18:10 PM »
Yeah, we are really far from CGM, but not at this point. He have 2.500posts, but we have at least 1/5 of it's posts. Maybe we can beat him.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2019, 09:23:46 PM »
Make that 2534 posts! My bad. I got thousand mixed up with hundred.