Author Topic: Mouse Command Prompt  (Read 1327 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Mouse Command Prompt
« on: November 25, 2019, 10:11:59 PM »
I was very happy to hear of the new projectile fire towards mouse feature, but it wasn't quite what I expected. I expected it to activate the mouse fire whenever you left click. Well, I have an idea that can unlock more possibilities than simply changing that. I want 2 new command prompts in the character commands section. A left mouse click command prompt, and a right mouse click command prompt.

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Mouse Command Prompt
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 09:00:53 AM »
Like, rclick for secondary fire? (Like Just Cause 4 and Doom 4)
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 07:10:55 PM »
Uh...I guess since Alley made a post similar to this and he used doom as an example. I honestly don't care for games like doom for obvious reasons. Including the simple fact that I don't care for FPS games.s

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 11:40:51 AM »
I really have never expected PB to have features for making 3D games. Doom can be played very easily like a pro using only basic keys with keyboard and mouse and old originals can be masterminded even against the biggest bosses that way. ::) So I felt Doom is a good example to explain my needs but mouse really can make also platform games easier to play. If you want I can improve my example to be more fitting with the platform games but the point for making things more comfortable to control is the same. Watch from below! :)

Although I always like to have some aggressive gameplay experiences in my projects I am sure you may not have to create an action game for this. You also can shoot some type of bubbles and lover bows. Mouse just makes it easier to aim and cuts out the requirement to search for everything important from the keyboard.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 11:41:58 AM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2019, 02:07:39 PM »
I always wanted to make a mouseaim platformer ;D but I never had the time
and thanks for making me discovering this game! I always like the 1996-2003 games and graphically, it's not that bad!
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2019, 05:28:21 PM »
It's nice to see that nice games like this one can give people some extra inspiration. :) And yes, with a suggestion I made being accepted I am sure PB will make some gameplay experience possible to create as seen in the video. ;)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 05:29:21 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)