Author Topic: I need to talk  (Read 1089 times)

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
I need to talk
« on: November 27, 2019, 07:20:53 PM »
Hi guys.
This is about Matt Adventure. You know.
It's been some time my Game Maker trial ended. I plan to buy a 1-year license to Christmas, but...
It's been a lot of time I was very disconnected from PB, and so, I plan to get back to work on Matt Adventure seriously.
I already tried. Many times. But everytime I felt like I was forcing myself to do it.
I could simply leave the PB community, so be done with al the stressing stuff.
But if there was a thing that I would not wanted, it's to abandon the Platform Builder community again.
Back in the days, I promised you a game, and I want to make it. This is also for me.
So i will work seriously on Matt Adventure, and play less Smash Bros.
Also, I planned something big for the game: A kickstarter campaign.
Doing this would allow me to increase the content and quality of Matt Adventure (like original OST, more levels, dlcs and console ports).
Or maybe I should post the project on Indiegogo but it will have less visibility... I don't know.
And also, I got a new idea of game: Mega Xmas Mayhem. I don't know exactly what type of gameplay it will be, but we'll
follow Kiddo830, a new PB player, during Christmas, and Santa will have been kidnapped by a bad guy and... I won't spoil ;)
Oh and finally, the new art for Matt Adventure:

See you next time.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: I need to talk
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 07:34:13 PM »
Interesting. I don't think you'll get very far on the kickstarter campaign. But who knows! I also think that a console port is a bit off the deep end. But again, who knows! But Warrior555, I suggest you take this advice, don't start a game unless you're willing to commit to it. I had no clue what I was getting myself into with ASM, and I've had fun with it. Also, the artwork thing isn't bad at all! I otta make something like that with ASM myself. Just for the fun of it. You sound serious, but in all honesty, I don't think you'll get very far if you can't commit to Matt's Adventure. (It should be Matt's Adventure, not Matt Adventure.) Anyway, unless you're willing to do a full time commitment on Matt's Adventure, take this advice from a guy who've been a game developer for nearly 2 years. Never start with a major game project, and just start out by just having fun. There's no rush to make something that'll be amazing. Just have fun. Okay?

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: I need to talk
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 07:54:07 PM »
Interesting. I don't think you'll get very far on the kickstarter campaign. But who knows! I also think that a console port is a bit off the deep end. But again, who knows! But Warrior555, I suggest you take this advice, don't start a game unless you're willing to commit to it. I had no clue what I was getting myself into with ASM, and I've had fun with it. Also, the artwork thing isn't bad at all! I otta make something like that with ASM myself. Just for the fun of it. You sound serious, but in all honesty, I don't think you'll get very far if you can't commit to Matt's Adventure. (It should be Matt's Adventure, not Matt Adventure.) Anyway, unless you're willing to do a full time commitment on Matt's Adventure, take this advice from a guy who've been a game developer for nearly 2 years. Never start with a major game project, and just start out by just having fun. There's no rush to make something that'll be amazing. Just have fun. Okay?
It was very serious, but your post made me very motivated again!
Looks like it's time to turn the meme mode on again:
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!