Author Topic: Stickman: The Movie (Tenative Title) | UPDATED FIRST POST!  (Read 5882 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Stickman: The Movie (Tenative Title) | UPDATED FIRST POST!
« on: January 09, 2020, 02:14:31 PM »
9-29-2020
Stickman returns, but isn't the same...
This movie was inspired by TingThing's very first videogame, Stickman's Bad Luck. Development of the movie started Janruary 2020, and it's been in development since it's announcement. It'll take on a much darker theme than originally planned. It was intended to be a slapstick humor comedy film, but now it's turned into a serious, darker, suspense/thrillerish type movie. (No, thrillerish isn't proper grammer in case you're wondering)

While some things are reminicent of the Stickman's Bad Luck game, it won't contain near as many references to the game as originally planned. A videogame with the more lighthearted plot will be released along side this movie. It'll also play much like the original Stickman game.

This movie was intended originally to have some relation to, and be somewhat of a prequel to the videogame called, The Adventures of Super Mike. It will not have any relation to that game whatsoever.

Art Style:
For now, I've chosen a realistic art style so that it looks like a modern pixar movie. (In other words, looks realistic) Since the movie will not be cartoonish in story, the art style won't reflect that.

Plot Teaser:
The end of a civilzation is near. Those who saw what was coming cowered away in fear and hid as they knew the fate of their country was sealed. Others knew of the secret ancient relic with great power could abolish the tyrranical government which had been taking over this country. They setup a secret network with advanced technology to preserve the ancient relic, and save the country. One such stickman named Stickman, who hid away for 5 years becomes desperate and becomes willing to risk living under tyrranical rule in order to survive. In the process, he comes across this secret network of stickmen working day and night to save their country. While not the best for the job, Stickman goes on missions to retrive the 3 mysterious ancient relics which when combined create a supersurge of power to overcome evil.

There's so much more to the plot which I haven't revealed to anyone. But I hope that this story is more or less original. I know, I know, it sounds like your typical fantasy videogame plot, but there's more to it than that. There's a few plot twists I hope are really good.

Let me know what you think!

IMPORTANT: The following information in this message is out of date.

I haven't made any headway on this project yet, and I wasn't even planning on sharing it's development. It is going to put ASM on hold. As of 1/9/2020, ASM is on hold! I'm going to dedicate my time to this new project. Now you're asking,"Why take time away from ASM to work on a new project?"
I plan on this project being simple, and nothing big. The biggest shocker is that it may not even belong here. It's a project sort of related to PB, yet not really. In other words, this project is not a game.

All I can say about the project is this:
It's going to be epic!It's going to be HILARIOUS with lots of comedy,
It's going to have goofy slapstick humor,It's going to have an epic story arc!And it's related to a project of which development has ceased for a long time. And...It is also a prequel to ASM. (Though I haven't confirmed that...Yet.) Once I have the story written, get production started up, and get some advanced training in the software I will be using to develop this project, and get a basic draft trailer made, THEN I will reveal this MAJOR accomplishment! If this project ever gets finished. I really hope it does!The only reason this topic isn't in off topic, is because it is a PB related project, and is related to 2 of my other game projects.
Can anyone guess what kind of a project this is? What game it is based on? Why it's a prequel to ASM?

Anybody who is familiar with some of TingThing's work will love this project. And recognize much of it.

One last thing...S.A.T.U.T.T.M is the codename for this project.

I promise you that this project will indeed be exciting!

Stay tuned for more!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 08:16:04 PM by Christian Game Maker »

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: TOP SECRET PROJECT! (S.A.T.U.T.T.M)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 07:38:54 PM »
I haven't made any headway on this project yet, and I wasn't even planning on sharing it's development. It is going to put ASM on hold. As of 1/9/2020, ASM is on hold! I'm going to dedicate my time to this new project. Now you're asking,
"Why take time away from ASM to work on a new project?"
I plan on this project being simple, and nothing big. The biggest shocker is that it may not even belong here. It's a project sort of related to PB, yet not really. In other words, this project is not a game.

All I can say about the project is this:
It's going to be epic!It's going to be HILARIOUS with lots of comedy,
It's going to have goofy slapstick humor,It's going to have an epic story arc!And it's related to a project of which development has ceased for a long time. And...It is also a prequel to ASM. (Though I haven't confirmed that...Yet.) Once I have the story written, get production started up, and get some advanced training in the software I will be using to develop this project, and get a basic draft trailer made, THEN I will reveal this MAJOR accomplishment! If this project ever gets finished. I really hope it does!The only reason this topic isn't in off topic, is because it is a PB related project, and is related to 2 of my other game projects.
Can anyone guess what kind of a project this is? What game it is based on? Why it's a prequel to ASM?

Anybody who is familiar with some of TingThing's work will love this project. And recognize much of it.

One last thing...S.A.T.U.T.T.M is the codename for this project.

I promise you that this project will indeed be exciting!

Stay tuned for more!
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 09:20:57 PM »
I already made headway today! There is still TONS of work to do on this project. It will actually be 2 fold. Meaning it will be released in more than one form. That might give a hint as to what kind of project this is. Lets see here:

The list of media consists of:

Games
Books
Movies

Hmm...Anything else? It's one of these 3 things. And I'm afraid I just gave away what kind of media this is.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 09:10:55 AM »
I already made headway today! There is still TONS of work to do on this project. It will actually be 2 fold. Meaning it will be released in more than one form. That might give a hint as to what kind of project this is. Lets see here:

The list of media consists of:

Games
Books
Movies

Hmm...Anything else? It's one of these 3 things. And I'm afraid I just gave away what kind of media this is.
So ASM will be a cross-media serie?
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 10:48:08 AM »
I was thinking on creating a sitcom series with Platform Builder. The thing is, I'm not very good with humour and worse when it's in english. So it's probably nothing I would share here too much.
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 11:07:48 AM »
I was thinking on creating a sitcom series with Platform Builder. The thing is, I'm not very good with humour and worse when it's in english. So it's probably nothing I would share here too much.
It's for animation and voice-acting that making a PB sitcom become really hard.

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 11:27:26 AM »
It's for animation and voice-acting that making a PB sitcom become really hard.
Well I wasn't thinking on voice-acting, I would do it with text due to my limitations, and animation can be relative fixed with external software. Still sounds a good idea for me.
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2020, 03:29:56 PM »
I'll reveal what kind of project this is.

Warrior555, I'm a PB expert. Why would I need to get more advanced learning in PB to make what I'm trying to make? I said, "...and get some advanced training in the software I will be using to develop this project..."

The software is very well known. Far more well known then PB probably ever will be. I'm talking about

Blender.

Blender is a 3D animation software. I'm going to make a 3D animated film. I'm still iffy on the voice acting though. I could just use Text Bubbles and have the characters show their emotions visually to make the film seem like an exciting movie. As to what the story is about, I'll reveal that later.

HINT:

The characters are not standard PB characters

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2020, 03:38:33 PM »
Oh, and for those of you who think I've lost my mind, this project will take some time, but I believe that if I do revisions over time on animation, I'll be able to make an outstanding film! Like scene one's first animation draft will be bad no doubt, and then I polish. Then I do some more animation polishing, then a bit more. Then hopefully by the 3rd or 4th draft I'll have a pretty good scene with some hopefully decent animation. I already attempted at some animation yesterday, and I loved the results. I've done animation before and used blender many times for other personal projects, but this is my first film. But I am familiar with much of blender. Compared to all that blender has, I'd say I know about 8%. It's a massive program that takes time to learn. I know how to model, rig, animate, and light properly. I've modeled day-to-day objects you see in cartoon form. Like houses, street lights, plants, etc.

I'll likely pull many models offline like CGTrader and TurboSquid. This project is going to be pretty cool, I hope.

Yesterday I got some of the first scene made, modeled the main character, (trust me, the rest of the characters will be easy to make) and did some animating. I think that getting all that done in one day is a pretty good accomplishment. Don'tcha think?

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2020, 03:42:24 PM »
And silly me! I missed almost all replies on this topic! And I guess you could say this is a sit-com.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2020, 07:22:34 PM »
Oh, and for those of you who think I've lost my mind, this project will take some time, but I believe that if I do revisions over time on animation, I'll be able to make an outstanding film! Like scene one's first animation draft will be bad no doubt, and then I polish. Then I do some more animation polishing, then a bit more. Then hopefully by the 3rd or 4th draft I'll have a pretty good scene with some hopefully decent animation. I already attempted at some animation yesterday, and I loved the results. I've done animation before and used blender many times for other personal projects, but this is my first film. But I am familiar with much of blender. Compared to all that blender has, I'd say I know about 8%. It's a massive program that takes time to learn. I know how to model, rig, animate, and light properly. I've modeled day-to-day objects you see in cartoon form. Like houses, street lights, plants, etc.

I'll likely pull many models offline like CGTrader and TurboSquid. This project is going to be pretty cool, I hope.

Yesterday I got some of the first scene made, modeled the main character, (trust me, the rest of the characters will be easy to make) and did some animating. I think that getting all that done in one day is a pretty good accomplishment. Don'tcha think?

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2020, 07:29:53 PM »
And I hope that graphycally, the game will look like this for shadering and light effects.
If you computer have problems to handle it,tell me, I should be able to help you.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2020, 08:10:45 PM »
My PC will have a hard time rendering it. I've decided that I'll probably just let it sit overnight rendering stuff. The graphics won't look like that  example shot you showed. It'll look cartoonish, (I was going to originally intentionally make lame graphics to be true to what the game is based off of, but decided not to) but won't look lame. It'll have good lighting and look pretty good. I'm keeping a lot about this project under-wraps for now. As soon as I get a "good-enough-to-pass" version of the first scene of this movie, I'll share it and get your guys' opinion on it. ;)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Stickman: And the Search for the Unknown Treasure THE MOVIE
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2020, 04:15:02 AM »

The project isn't dead!

War

• View Profile
    • My website
Re: Stickman: And the Search for the Unknown Treasure THE MOVIE
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2020, 12:51:42 PM »
Seriously, I would have preferred 2d animation, unless it's really good 3d.
Here what a beautiful 3d movie should target
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pN_x3qk56c