Author Topic: I wanna replace the default font by the Press Start P2 font  (Read 2043 times)

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
I wanna replace the default font by the Press Start P2 font
« on: January 23, 2020, 12:05:21 PM »
I wanna replace the default font by the Press Start P2 font, can I do this in the UPE ? Also am I able to do this directly in Platform Builder. Thanks in advance.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: I wanna replace the default font by the Press Start P2 font
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 02:53:35 PM »
TingThing really just needs to just give PB things like more advanced custom menus, custom HUDS, and font options.

War

• "The top player is here!"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 03:32:31 PM »
TingThing really just needs to just give PB things like more advanced custom menus, custom HUDS, and font options.
I know, and I really want this for 8.0, but I need to know for now how I can change fonts in the UPE.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 07:58:54 AM »
There is probably a font category in GMS2. Just remove the old one and a new one with the same properties and the same name, to allow the code to reference it.
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 01:36:11 AM »
Yeah, it can be done. If I had the UPE and I wanted to change that, I would do a search for the string "Player 2 Press Start" (Or whatever it says, I don't remember), and then it will show up in your search results. From there you just change the font with a simple line of code.

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 02:09:39 AM »
The UPE sounds great and all, but I love PB's simplicity. I believe that someday, the UPE will not be necessary due to what PB will be able to do.