Author Topic: Adding custom fonts from computer and changing the color and outlines of the tex  (Read 1674 times)

Setap

• The Conservative Romanian Republic of Setap
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Developer of the Super Adventure series
    • View Profile
    • Setap's Website
It will be cool if we could change the font to one from our computer and also changing the color of the text and outlines, now that we can add text all over the place.
setapdede Productions 2016-2022

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
It will be cool if we could change the font to one from our computer and also changing the color of the text and outlines, now that we can add text all over the place.
That's what I suggested 69420 times and it never got added
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Be patient! I've made suggestions in the past, and I've waited a very long time for some of them. And last I checked, there weren't even that many posts on the forum, Warrior. So I have no idea how you've asked for it that many times.

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
Unfortunately, fonts need to be installed on a computer for them to work on the computer, and most fonts have copyright restrictions as well. All of PB's "fonts" are actually pre-rendered images of letters.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
Ahhh....wait, wha? Fonts are copyrighted!? Woah. That's...woah. That sounds awfully crazy to me. In my opinion. Well, then we'll just use custom pre-rendered letter image fonts!

War

• View Profile
    • My website
Ahhh....wait, wha? Fonts are copyrighted!? Woah. That's...woah. That sounds awfully crazy to me. In my opinion. Well, then we'll just use custom pre-rendered letter image fonts!
So you're trashing one of the most basic suggestions ever because you learned about a thing that is univerally obvious to everyone except you? Thats very pathetic of you because we need that and you know it yourself. TingThing just have to add more cc0 fonts and just disable custom fonts for explore. Thats all.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 07:49:40 PM by Warrior555 »
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
I wasn't trashing anything. I was simply shocked that they were copyrighted. And I said then we'll just enable the ability to do what TingThing did. I don't see what's so pathetic about that.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
Wait they're actually just images? Thats cool, letter spritesheets sounds hella more practical to me than font files since if we get this, we wouldn't even need to get options for text color and outline. Still, did you really expected that you could use Super Mario 256 in commercial projects?

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
Exactly. Seriously, how is that considered "trashing" anything?

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
Unfortunately, fonts need to be installed on a computer for them to work on the computer, and most fonts have copyright restrictions as well. All of PB's "fonts" are actually pre-rendered images of letters.
I think DG does something similar if I'm understanding correctly. Will you add in the near future
a custom fontmap system? Like tilesets but with all letters for a font.
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P