Author Topic: Super Mario Bros 5  (Read 6543 times)

Fi

• Level 3: Plugger
    • View Profile
Super Mario Bros 5
« on: July 14, 2020, 12:36:38 PM »

Description
Super Mario Bros 5 Is a fan game by no way affiliated with Nintendo The Game is inspired by the old Classic Mario Games (SMB3 and SMBW mainly). The Only reason why it's not called SMB4 because

1. Super Mario Bros 4 Is Super Mario World (In Japan)

2. There are Fan games called Super Mario Bros 4

Super Mario Bros 5 Includes:

All New 2D Levels

A Remixed Soundtrack

A Original story

8 Main Worlds Plus 2 Extra Worlds

Returning Bosses

Hidden secrets and exits.

World Maps to explore

And Much More!

Story

After Mario took a grand odyssey around the world. Peach invites Mario and Luigi to a party, Unfortunately, Bowser returns with his Krazy Koopa gang (Koopalings and Boom Boom) And now, Bowser Vows to marry Princess peach once again, and this time Bowser is after the Orbs of Power which grants the user Powers that can destroy universes.

Can Mario Stop Bowser once again?

Links

My Profile https://gamejolt.com/@Redstar-1707

Art made by https://gamejolt.com/@MrTogepiLord

Game Link: https://gamejolt.com/games/SuperMarioBros5/421937

Made with Mario Builder

Made by Ting_Thing

Trailers

By The Fans, for the fans  :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 12:54:16 PM by Fi »

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Super Mario Bros 5
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 07:52:42 PM »
Sorry u wasted your time for making a good Mario Builder game instead of remaking Mario in PB
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 07:56:45 PM »
If you wanted to, you could actually re-make the game in Platform Builder. Just imagine, widescreen, custom options, etc. It could be called, "Super Mario Bros 5 Deluxe Plus!" or something like that. Only downside is that it would take some time to re-create in PB. I started working on a PB Mario engine not long ago. Maybe I should give the project to someone who would be more dedicated to it.
I might give it a go sometime! But it probably won't work because MB never plays right on my PC.

Fi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 10:46:05 PM »
seeing as Mario builder is dead i would love to see you mariofy pb but i  cant because i don't have the time or resources

i would maybe port the game to PB Though

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 01:11:31 AM »
I see. The biggest drawback to porting to PB is the fact that you would not be permitted to exporting to the PB explore.

Fi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 07:25:48 AM »
Sorry u wasted your time for making a good Mario Builder game instead of remaking Mario in PB
i did make this game before i got platform builder but there may be mario game from platform builder soon

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2020, 01:16:16 PM »
i did make this game before i got platform builder but there may be mario game from platform builder soon
I don't know if TingThing actually matters if we use whatever we want when exporting to .exe, because actually makes us, the user, the responsible of the creation of the game and actually PB has no responsibility because, obviously, its no longer part of PB at all.

I'm explaining myself?
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2020, 02:07:17 PM »
I see. The biggest drawback to porting to PB is the fact that you would not be permitted to exporting to the PB explore.
who cares?
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 04:53:44 PM »
who cares?
Explore is the main marketplace of the community, you just have to own PB to play it. no need to skim through forum pages to find .exe's (there's not a lot of those at the moment anyway). therefore, I would argue legality is of big importance and by extension, folks should care
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 04:59:24 PM by Gizgord »

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2020, 05:50:06 PM »
Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself, Giz. Warrior555 seems to have some sort of ainxt against me and I'm not sure why. That was one reason I didn't respond knowing that it might not end well.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2020, 09:46:41 AM »
Explore is the main marketplace of the community, you just have to own PB to play it. no need to skim through forum pages to find .exe's (there's not a lot of those at the moment anyway). therefore, I would argue legality is of big importance and by extension, folks should care
This is exactly the problem: we have to own a third-party application to play explore games, and for "skimming through forum pages to find .exe's" that's wrong, you can still put the exe on the first post of your topic. Need also to mention that absolutly nobody use those forums, and that nobody needs to use them to advertise their games. Also why are you saying "legality is of big importance" here? Do you want fangames to be deleted?

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2020, 05:02:56 PM »
You bring up some good points, as I have suggested we should have a seperate Explore standalone without needing to download Platform Builder, but if you look at programs like Kodu and things like that, they don't have a separate thing for their own "explore" section. They just don't. While it might be useful here, it's not that big-a-deal.
I'm not nessecarily against fangames, but I think that we should be careful. I myself wouldn't use official sprites unless it was just a personal thing, or small demo or something like that. But if someone else wants to use custom sprites, that's their buisness. Not mine.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2020, 07:53:01 PM »
You bring up some good points, as I have suggested we should have a seperate Explore standalone without needing to download Platform Builder, but if you look at programs like Kodu and things like that, they don't have a separate thing for their own "explore" section. They just don't. While it might be useful here, it's not that big-a-deal.
I'm not nessecarily against fangames, but I think that we should be careful. I myself wouldn't use official sprites unless it was just a personal thing, or small demo or something like that. But if someone else wants to use custom sprites, that's their buisness. Not mine.
It's maybe not so important here (except that explore has an horrible download system) but everywhere else it's absolutely needed. What if people wanted to download your game but you tell them "to play it go download this steam game that nobody knows, click on the explore button, search [name of the game goes here], click download, wait 10 minutes (in case it's a big game of course) in front of your screen, then click play, and done you can play!" instead of telling them "to play it go download this exe file and launch it". That would be impractical huh? Also you are a big fan of Mario fangames, so thats just a suggestion but why you don't go make your own since you're not working on ASM since a long time? Maybe you don't know, but Nintendo finally stopped canceling every fangame he sees, and also you can publish on itch.io instead of Gamejolt, Ninteno don't strike fangames on itch.io.
Warrior555 seems to have some sort of ainxt against me and I'm not sure why.
nah it's just that we never agree on anything ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2020, 08:01:32 PM »
Well, I see what you mean. That's what EXE is for. Eveybody can do it now, so it doesn't matter a whole lot. For PB users, it's no big deal. For non-pb users, just direct them to your exe. It's that simple.

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2020, 08:59:42 PM »
What if people wanted to download your game but you tell them "to play it go download this steam game that nobody knows, click on the explore button, search [name of the game goes here], click download, wait 10 minutes (in case it's a big game of course) in front of your screen, then click play, and done you can play!"

Indeed, the most fun part is when you download PB and run Explore for the first time, to download the game listings, a lot of cmds open up and its little bit scary. I experimented with that when I was doing the first tests with Ghawst's corridor and gave my RDZ friends access to it by a pass in the explore.
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P