Author Topic: Platform Builder 8.2  (Read 1727 times)

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
Platform Builder 8.2
« on: August 17, 2020, 02:18:48 AM »
Hi everyone! Platform Builder 8.2 is released and ready to go!

We have custom enemy physics which is a pretty cool new feature for custom enemies. I also did a number of changes with the command prompt to make it work better for you. For instance...

First: Decimal points and negative values can now be used for certain things. For instance, you could say "score += -3.5" This would subtract 3.5 from the score.
Second: bracketing is no longer necessary except for when displaying stuff in messages. For instance, you could say "score += health"
Third: Custom variables don't need to be identified by their type every time, but only the first time. For instance, you could say...

Code: [Select]
var myVariable = 2
health + myVariable
//adds 2 to the health

These changes are pretty significant changes to the structure of how commands work. I'll keep a closer eye on bug reports of these forums to put out any patches if necessary. Hopefully our jump into these new features will be a smooth one for all of us.

Check out the changes in the update log, and compare with the updated command prompt page if it helps.

Enjoy using Platform Builder 8.2!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 02:23:57 AM by TingThing »

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Platform Builder 8.2
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 03:50:01 PM »
Neat.

War

• "The top player is here!"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 04:30:20 PM »
ready to go
The Shantae reference moment
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 06:45:52 PM »
Awww....I'm rather hurt that Warrior didn't notice the fact that my excitement level is at a 1.

Just kidding. I was expecting Warrior to say something about my lack of enthusiasm. (I honestly am not super excited, I'm glad, but not excited.)

War

• "The top player is here!"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 07:25:19 PM »
Awww....I'm rather hurt that Warrior didn't notice the fact that my excitement level is at a 1.

Just kidding. I was expecting Warrior to say something about my lack of enthusiasm. (I honestly am not super excited, I'm glad, but not excited.)
Im pretty excited myself because we have decimal values, I needed them for unlocking the secret campaign mode.
Decimal points and negative values can now be used for certain things. For instance, you could say "score += -3.5" This would subtract 3.5 from the score.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Proud Admin of Plugger's Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2020, 12:38:26 AM »
The Shantae reference moment

cue the music

CGM

• Master Builder