Author Topic: Platform Builder is Expanding!  (Read 4602 times)

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
Platform Builder is Expanding!
« on: August 31, 2020, 05:19:02 AM »
Hi everyone,

Big, big news! Like... REALLY big news.

The Platform Builder team is expanding! Yes, we just hired two new people to work toward the future of PB! :yay!: :yay!: :yay!:

First, I'd like to introduce to you Rob LeMay who is our new Chief Marketing Officer. Rob earned his Master of Business Administration (MBA) and agreed to join the Platform Builder team by helping with the business and marketing side of things. Although this process will take time, I'm excited to have Rob jump on and contribute his strategic mind to help take PB to the next level!

Second, there is Casey Sharpe, our new lead graphic and pixel artist. Casey has a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) and a history with pixel art and video games. She agreed to use her graphic skills toward a massive sprite overhaul of Platform Builder and possibly some of the other art-related needs that we will be having in our marketing efforts. Casey has already begun working on some Platform Builders sprites, and it's looking NICE. Really nice. I Can't wait to show you on the "Coming Soon" page of these forums when its time! Once Casey is finished and the new graphics are implemented, things are going to look more compelling, more professional, and (frankly) very different than my sub-par graphics which some of us may have grown used to.

We have a new page on the website with a little more information on each of us. You can view it here.

In case you are wondering if Rob or Casey will be interacting on these forums, my answer right now is that I'm not sure. Neither of their jobs require for them to interact here, and both of them have very busy schedules on top of their responsibilities toward Platform Builder. But I'll be sure to send the invite!

Both of these roles will fill in for areas that I have always lacked. I am a programmer, not a marketer or graphic artist. So to have help in these areas is a very significant step in the right direction to make Platform Builder all that it can be. With these two new hires, it's looking like a bright future ahead of us!  :)

Moving Forward,
TingThing
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 01:19:17 PM by TingThing »

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
Re: Platform Builder is Expanding!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 11:25:49 AM »
a very pleasent surpirse, it really is. I'd like to welcome new team members. :)

I'm assuming both projects will require a lot of work, so good luck to them.
this event promises exciting times for our community, and we're excited to see the fruit of your work. cheers  :D

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 11:50:54 AM »
Welcome new team members!
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

Setap

• The Conservative Romanian Republic of Setap
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Developer of the Super Adventure series
    • View Profile
    • Setap's Website
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 05:09:55 PM »

setapdede Productions 2016-2022

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 05:35:42 PM »
This is great news! But now I feel left behind! I'd like to meet these guys and get some tips...

War

• "The top player is here!"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020, 04:27:07 PM »
we just hired two people
If you give the community an actual role I will forgive you for going towards the infamous path of AAA devs.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2020, 07:03:58 AM »
If you give the community an actual role I will forgive you for going towards the infamous path of AAA devs.
what does this mean, do you want to join the team?

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Proud Admin of Plugger's Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2020, 07:51:07 AM »
only if they let him do the distraction dance

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2020, 01:35:45 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, Warrior, but I believe you feel frustrated because of some good ideas you suggested for Platform Builder which have not happened, and there has been little to no explanation from me why I haven't done them. If this is indeed what your previous post was about, then I admit that your frustration is understandable. For what it's worth, some of your suggestions are actually on my to-do list.

Recently, I have realized a need to provide more clarity about my own approach and policies regarding PB requests. I will do this probably later today or tomorrow.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 04:20:54 PM by TingThing »

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2020, 02:38:08 PM »
That's something to look forward to.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2020, 12:14:12 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, Warrior, but I believe you feel frustrated because of some good ideas you suggested for Platform Builder which have not happened, and there has been little to no explanation from me why I haven't done them. If this is indeed what your previous post was about, then I admit that your frustration is understandable. For what it's worth, some of your suggestions are actually on my to-do list.

Recently, I have realized a need to provide more clarity about my own approach and policies regarding PB requests. I will do this probably later today or tomorrow.
@TingThing I don't want to be someone that matters, I want that the community matters. Also about that "policy", what I would do if I made a game like that is to make a "dev lunge" topic where I could regularly talk about the development of PB and discuss with the elite about new features.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2020, 12:41:33 PM »
Woah! Is that the first ping that these forums have seen, @warrior? How did you do that?

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2020, 07:55:44 PM »
Woah! Is that the first ping that these forums have seen, @warrior? How did you do that?
Jokes on you, it was just a link!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2020, 08:29:07 PM »
XD I wondered about that. Wasn't curious to verify!

Aeterna Games | Æ

• Game Developer and Creator of Aeterna Games | Æ
  • Level 10: Jelli
  • I‘m a big fan of Escape-Rooms =)
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2020, 04:02:46 PM »
Jokes on you, it was just a link!

Hahaha ok, that was a good one! :D ;)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 04:21:00 PM by Aeterna Games | Æ »
My Projects: