Author Topic: New CGM Song (I promise this isn't junk)  (Read 1387 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
New CGM Song (I promise this isn't junk)
« on: September 20, 2020, 11:04:20 PM »
Okay, those of you who know of my embarrassing past with music are probably gonna expect another trash song to come from me. This time I've written a song I'm truly proud of. Another one is already in the works. And I'm very late posting this on the forums since I wrote this song at the end of August and it didn't get uploaded to YouTube till September 3rd.
It's called "Reflecting." Yup. I've never named a wordless song of mine before. And I'd say I'm pretty bad at naming songs that don't have words. Not that I've written many songs with words (none of which I've recorded)

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
Re: New CGM Song (I promise this isn't junk)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 08:39:30 AM »
you know it already, but I must say this tune is pretty catchy.
the difference between this and your previous work is night and day, and it's great to see such progress. although you do probably realise there's still much room for improvement

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 02:33:50 PM »
There is room for improvement. I'm not ready to release my new song yet because it feels incomplete. I mean, it sounds really catchy, but it just isn't "doing it" for me. There's something missing. Some kind of instrument is missing.

While I can instantly create new songs right off the bat if you put a piano in front of me, it feels like I have default chord progressions I do. So I feel stuck song writing most of the time. So this song is something I feel like broke those default chord progressions. It feels truly original. So this is one of those special songs that I don't write everyday.

I'll get that new song out when I find what's missing in it. I mean, it sounds amazing already, but it feels like it's just missing something.

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 04:09:16 PM »
Already watched it like 2 weeks ago, but still a very nice.
Also 2way games sounds like an actually good studio name, far better than the "[insert name here] games" we see everywhere here. Id say its even better than my "Doriyah Studios".
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 06:21:48 PM »
Thx. I came up with the name sometime back after brainstorming for months and months.