Author Topic: Updated EULA for Platform Builder  (Read 4252 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Updated EULA for Platform Builder
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2020, 03:59:28 PM »
@warrior Nintendo wasn't really being lazy. They did some very minor improvements at least, thankfully. It's Mario's 30'th anniversary! And lots of people probably were happy to get original graphics. But a lot of people like us were disappointed with that. But that doesn't mean they're lazy.

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2020, 04:16:12 PM »
@warrior Nintendo wasn't really being lazy. They did some very minor improvements at least, thankfully. It's Mario's 30'th anniversary! And lots of people probably were happy to get original graphics. But a lot of people like us were disappointed with that. But that doesn't mean they're lazy.
Tfw CGM is a nintendo fanboy
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2020, 05:35:14 PM »
@warrior You'd better believe it. Sure, they made a few bad decisions, but still. It doesn't make them lazy.

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2020, 07:57:04 AM »
iirc, It's 35th
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2020, 03:03:42 PM »
@warrior You'd better believe it. Sure, they made a few bad decisions, but still. It doesn't make them lazy.
You can't just defend 3d allstar when it's just a hd collection of 3 old (from 13y for Galaxy to 24y for 64) games, made with minimal effort, priced 60$, running under a awful emulator, and is literally a cashgrab off people's nostalgia.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2020, 04:41:37 PM »
60$ is a steal. Imagine buying all of those games for their original systems. The prices have skyrocketed! It's a genuine steal. And they aren't badly emulated. It's a great collection from what I've heard.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2020, 08:21:07 PM »
And they aren't badly emulated. It's a great collection from what I've heard.
It is not. However for the emulation im talking of Sunshine who is the only one that needed some effort. Examples:
-The effect when using the turbo noozle does not fit entirely the screen
-You don't need to clear all the electric goop
-Debug cubes in the 2nd secret level of Bianco Hills are visible
-Opening the map causes massive slowdown
Etc...

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2020, 10:09:57 PM »
Ah. Yeah, I heard about that. I'm sure a patch will come very soon.