Author Topic: CGM art Sonic OC (Original Character)  (Read 2391 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
CGM art Sonic OC (Original Character)
« on: December 02, 2020, 05:54:02 AM »
So, as you guys know, I've been drawing for a few years now, with most of that art being put into pixel-based art.Well, as some of you probably know, I'm a Sonic fan. Well, I created a Sonic OC design. I created this character based off of another Sonic-related OC a friend of mine created. This is a wolf character, who's name is Sarah the Wolf. I did this for the fun of it, and to hone-in on my art skills. If you guys have any tips, or critiques, I'm open to them as always. Note that I was a little sloppy in some areas, but there nothing big, and I will improve. ;)

« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 05:54:23 AM by Christian Game Maker (CGM) »

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: CGM art Sonic OC (Original Character)
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 11:29:42 AM »
I think drawing is nice, could be improved but that's definitly not ugly
However it's hard to judge for Sonic OCs
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 04:22:35 PM »
@warrior Be glad you didn't see the other unfinished versions, they were horrible.

Compared to other Sonic OC's out there, this thing is trash. But I wasn't comparing it to OC artwork, it was my own idea (based off of an undrawn OC which a friend of mine came up with) that I didn't intend to base off of any other artwork. The idea for the character's design came from my friend's Sonic OC idea. So, for the fun of it, I drew it.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 06:38:02 PM »
Compared to other Sonic OC's out there, this thing is trash. But I wasn't comparing it to OC artwork, it was my own idea (based off of an undrawn OC which a friend of mine came up with) that I didn't intend to base off of any other artwork. The idea for the character's design came from my friend's Sonic OC idea. So, for the fun of it, I drew it.
I know what a Sonic OC is, but yeah, it actually doesn't look right (I can't say the exact reason tho). However, there's Sonic OC stuff far, far worse than that.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 06:46:04 PM »
@warrior Trust me, I know. There's a lot of horrible ones. Can you tell me what area in the character doesn't look right? (Be specific)

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2020, 07:12:07 PM »
@warrior Trust me, I know. There's a lot of horrible ones. Can you tell me what area in the character doesn't look right? (Be specific)
nothing specific, it just looks kinda weird overall, but i cant really explain this accuratly.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 07:19:51 PM »
@warrior I understand. It may just be a subjective thing, cuz nobody else has given any negatives on it except you. And I've shown this artwork to quite a few people, and you're the only one who says they find weird things about it. That's okay by me. So long as it looks good, I'm happy. I'll be posting more art of this character that I'm working on right now. Anyway, thanks for your feedback. ;)

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2020, 04:40:43 PM »
@Christian Game Maker (CGM) Ok I found a reason, it's the body proportions that are very strange for a Sonic char. It looks like a human body with a big head. Can you fix that next time?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 04:41:42 PM by warrior »

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2020, 05:31:06 PM »
@warrior It seems perfectly normal to me. The head's not that big. Plus, it's not unusual for Sonic characters to have heads that big.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2020, 01:10:09 PM »
@warrior It seems perfectly normal to me. The head's not that big. Plus, it's not unusual for Sonic characters to have heads that big.
@Christian Game Maker (CGM) it's not the head it's the body

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2020, 02:43:02 PM »
@warrior You're in luck. I'm re-doing the entire drawing. Yesterday I finished the head, and now I'm about to finish it. I'm re-doing it to make the drawing HD, as the drawings I showcase above are in low resolution. I decided yesterday I'd make a few changes to the body, and change the character to look more interesting.