Author Topic: Crates including stuff  (Read 1989 times)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
Crates including stuff
« on: February 22, 2018, 09:18:56 PM »
I just know a lot of games where you hit the boxes to find some goodies and so I thought that why the Platform Builder crates wouldn't have a feature to place items on it.  :)  I think it would look good in this application and I sure would use it.
I also think that it shouldn't be so complicated to modify the crate such way than adding some another things that we have suggested.  :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 09:20:09 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Crates including stuff
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 03:03:28 AM »
I whole heatedly agree Alley... The boxes should have this feature. Just like in super mario bros where you can bash blocks like this and break them without ground pounding or exploding them. Ting really should go this route.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 11:53:12 AM »
I actually meant just an ability to add items on the crate just like you can place items on Question Mark boxes right now so you would be able to reveal a goody once the crate have been crushed. But thank you for your support!  :)  My suggestion is at least half about what you would like to see.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 11:54:14 AM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 05:53:46 PM »
Also could be cool to make the player take directly the crates or move them. This will be a good feature I think.

The option will be in the hands of the game creator, you can select which crates can be moved or taken.
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 07:16:10 PM »

YEAH!!! I have mentioned that to ting for putting in that unused sprite. He usually doesn't reply to suggestions except If it gets lots of comments. Mainly he doesn't do it because he doesn't want to promise something then you not getting what you want because sometimes he has trouble with complications while programming. Go to about suggestions page here to read what he said in his own words. The word "here" Isn't a link.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 03:38:00 PM »
Now we can do it! This was introduced in v  5.0. Now use this feature in your games!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 09:20:28 AM »
Seen that but considering if those crates should be pushable or not then it doesn't need to be allowed for crates at all. Some blocks can have some more weight than the others so if custom blocks would have an option to be pushable or not then this would be enough for this.
Alley (T_Alj5)