Author Topic: PB may move to modern systems?  (Read 1351 times)

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
PB may move to modern systems?
« on: June 07, 2022, 12:01:20 PM »
After the addition of the bug report form, I think it's the time to speak on this:
Forums and forms are outdated stuff, it may sound weird but nowadays most people wouldn't return into forums to continue speaking, and most people wouldn't fill up forms to report bugs.

If we want PB target to reach further, then forums should be replaced with other kind of communities (Like Discord Servers) and forms with other kind of issue trackers, (Like Github Issues)

This will attract more people and keep the people on the system more oftenly.
I'll be glad to help TT with both discord servers and github issues, as I had contact with both systems.

Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

Aeterna Games | Æ

• Game Developer and Creator of Aeterna Games | Æ
  • Level 10: Jelli
  • I‘m a big fan of Escape-Rooms =)
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: PB may move to modern systems?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2022, 06:22:05 PM »
For me Forums are fine. If you watch the RPG Maker MV Forum, then you can see how active and Full of Life Forums can be. This kind of Forum is just old and should be changed completely to a More modern Forum. And there is a Discord Server already. Even that was dead when I was on it.
My Projects:

Antikore

• View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 11:32:49 AM »
For me Forums are fine. If you watch the RPG Maker MV Forum, then you can see how active and Full of Life Forums can be. This kind of Forum is just old and should be changed completely to a More modern Forum. And there is a Discord Server already. Even that was dead when I was on it.
PB forums and discord are dead right now, when more people come, both will revive

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2022, 12:53:41 PM »
This kind of Forum is just old and should be changed completely to a More modern Forum.
old forums were hosted by Tapatalk. the change was explained in the thread I linked below. I checked out the forum engine RPG Maker community uses (XenForo). its pricing starts at 60$/month. that's not a small expense and I'm not convinced it is worth it. meanwhile, simplemachines is free and open-source. maybe there are cheaper options  :o

https://theplatformbuilder.com/forums/index.php?topic=2.0

I suppose there isn't a definitive answer until we experience a new wave of users in the database, and let them choose which platform they prefer. my guess is a forum monitored by the developer and community-based discord (so pretty much what we have now) offers the best balance. but I don't know  ???

Antikore

• View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2022, 07:01:23 AM »
old forums were hosted by Tapatalk. the change was explained in the thread I linked below. I checked out the forum engine RPG Maker community uses (XenForo). its pricing starts at 60$/month. that's not a small expense and I'm not convinced it is worth it. meanwhile, simplemachines is free and open-source. maybe there are cheaper options  :o

https://theplatformbuilder.com/forums/index.php?topic=2.0

I suppose there isn't a definitive answer until we experience a new wave of users in the database, and let them choose which platform they prefer. my guess is a forum monitored by the developer and community-based discord (so pretty much what we have now) offers the best balance. but I don't know  ???

For example, SMBX formus works kinda the same way except the Discord is not community based but official I think xd