Author Topic: Suggestions for Icon editor and enemy triggers.  (Read 2881 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Suggestions for Icon editor and enemy triggers.
« on: February 26, 2018, 12:41:57 AM »
I know, I know I always have a tall order of suggestions that won't be in for a loooong (Long) time. This time it's a triggering editor for enemies to edit where they can and can't hurt the character. It's probably been suggested elsewhere in emails and other things. I can't wait for the program to become very usable. And another suggestion that just came to mind while writing this... To create a new thing called the icons settings for game setup. When you go underwater, you're character has a bar that goes down, and an editor to make you're own one of these would be really cool! Think of the possibilities! Time before you can do a special ability like the super jump, and other things! It could help the physics editor for delay options. Also to make icons like the lives icon, a way to place all of these icons In it too. This is just one of my many ideas for the adventures of super mike!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 12:42:42 AM by Christian Game Maker »

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
Re: Suggestions for Icon editor and enemy triggers.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 09:19:43 AM »
In addition to ability to set if an enemy hurts the player or not it would be also nice to see a choice that makes an enemy solid or top solid for guns, robots and enemies that can give a ride to a player like in SMB2. And in case of accepting this suggestion it also would make creating the triggers that I have made for my game already much easier. :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 09:21:02 AM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 06:21:37 PM »
You always have good ideas alley. That would be cool too! I wish I had thought of that... I'm just not a big fan of super Mario bros 2... It's fun, but I wish it was like smb and smb3. And if all of our ideas got into the program then I could incorporate those things too! More super Mario world stuff would be really cool! Some people say that super Mario world was the best retro Mario game... But I say super Mario bros 3 is the best! I own it on my Wii system and have beat it a million times!!! Super Mario bros 2 (Smb2) is fun, just not my #1 pick... So I would use you're ideas in my game too! Ting Thing hopefully will get these ideas in awhile from now, Hopefully before I finish The Adventures Of Super Mike. Because it's being put together quite rapidly, I am taking a break right now from it this week. I want it to be on explore, but I think it's best to wait for it to be finished before I release it.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 10:32:17 AM »
Thank you! :) Fan for SMB2 or not but using features that SMB2 have can make also some another things from your mind that SMB2 don't have.
I also agree that several suggestion in one is sure good. No matter if I or you use some feature created for Platform Builder or not it is still a settings to be selected for our games.and the more is the merrier and more powerful. :) Although of course, because of time is limited then Ting_Thing must choose some most important suggestions from us and disagree or postpone some others.
Alley (T_Alj5)

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
Re: !
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 06:34:55 PM »
You always have good ideas alley. That would be cool too! I wish I had thought of that... I'm just not a big fan of super Mario bros 2... It's fun, but I wish it was like smb and smb3. And if all of our ideas got into the program then I could incorporate those things too! More super Mario world stuff would be really cool! Some people say that super Mario world was the best retro Mario game... But I say super Mario bros 3 is the best! I own it on my Wii system and have beat it a million times!!! Super Mario bros 2 (Smb2) is fun, just not my #1 pick... So I would use you're ideas in my game too! Ting Thing hopefully will get these ideas in awhile from now, Hopefully before I finish The Adventures Of Super Mike. Because it's being put together quite rapidly, I am taking a break right now from it this week. I want it to be on explore, but I think it's best to wait for it to be finished before I release it.

Fun fact: SMB2 is so different because it wan't even originally a Mario Game. The game actually originated as a Japan-only game called Doki Doki Panic, and Nintendo literally just changed some of the sprites to be Mario characters and set it loose as "Super Mario Bros 2" to the rest of the world. I'm pretty sure some enemies like Shy Guys find their origin in that game.

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 06:38:25 PM »
In addition to ability to set if an enemy hurts the player or not it would be also nice to see a choice that makes an enemy solid or top solid for guns, robots and enemies that can give a ride to a player like in SMB2. And in case of accepting this suggestion it also would make creating the triggers that I have made for my game already much easier. :)

This idea was actually something I attempted to do many years ago... all the way back to before the first release of Platform Builder ever. It ended up getting really complex and I decided to work on other things which seemed more important at the time.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 08:21:30 PM »
That's an interesting fact on smb2. I wish I could share my Mario builder projects... But it's too bad that you quit it. But you had your reasons. I just wish I could have the version right before the last to make an exe file. I'm glad you can take our projects and export them yourself. I had no idea that smb2 was supposed to be a different game then Mario. I still think that of all the Mario retro games that smb3 was the best ever!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 09:16:11 AM »

Fun fact: SMB2 is so different because it wan't even originally a Mario Game. The game actually originated as a Japan-only game called Doki Doki Panic, and Nintendo literally just changed some of the sprites to be Mario characters and set it loose as "Super Mario Bros 2" to the rest of the world. I'm pretty sure some enemies like Shy Guys find their origin in that game.
I knew that. :) In addition to it I know also that the real sequel is actually more like extension for SMB1 that is just more difficult and longer but with the same look and system.

This idea was actually something I attempted to do many years ago... all the way back to before the first release of Platform Builder ever. It ended up getting really complex and I decided to work on other things which seemed more important at the time.
I understand this.  :)  Also I should learn to quit some more difficult things temporarly if time is running out faster than I can make something to work just to make at least something. You have gained a very complicated thing in this short time actually even if you didn't make something that you planned before.  :)

But what you are going to say about this here. You probably didn't notice this because of the similar subject including "Upload" and "Sound"?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 09:22:29 AM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 05:23:57 PM »
I'm going to guess that the real sequel was the one with the poison mushroom right? And it was called the lost levels right? It was released in Japan but came out years later on the snes and the Wii.

War

• "The top player is here!"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: !
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 11:32:42 AM »
I'm pretty sure some enemies like Shy Guys find their origin in that game.
Yeah, this game introduced many important enemies in the Mario series: Shy guys, but also Pokeys, Bob-Ombs, and even Birdo.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2020, 08:21:25 PM »
Birdo I don't believe is an enemy anymore.

War

• "The top player is here!"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2020, 07:21:43 AM »
Birdo I don't believe is an enemy anymore.
Youre right :)
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!