Author Topic: Hey! Pounce attack from SM3dw sound good?  (Read 1737 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Hey! Pounce attack from SM3dw sound good?
« on: June 08, 2018, 07:22:13 PM »
Anyone who is a Mario fan knows about the game Super Mario 3D world right? Well remember that the super bell gives Mario the ability to jump and pounce? I suggested this to Ting Thing via email and PM. He said it would work for me but not for you. If you have an animal sprite sheet (because I do!) then this ability would be cool. I have a character in my game who is a dog which has the name Max. Max can dig in the ground (and he already can) and find things. You can race him too. And even ride him! One of his abilities is the Pounce attack. I want your opinion if you think this should be in a not too distant future update. Tell me what you think in this poll and comments!

Turqo

• I'm here, then I'm not
  • Level 4: Sparr
  • toad voice lol
    • View Profile
Re: Hey! Pounce attack from SM3dw sound good?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 12:08:26 PM »
That would be nice to have! I like dive moves quite a bit actually.
Currently Working on: a super, special, secret game thing (and Adventure Joruney: Origins)
Have a great day!

- Turqo

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 03:29:24 PM »

I was visualizing using the first sprite from the top-down swim animation as the sprite to be used. Like the character is diving head first. And when the player hits the ground, a pound effect (the pound that the  enemy editor has) would be used. The pound would not work on walls if wall jumping is enabled. Would you please make a vote too? And will you actually use it in "Adventure Journey"? You should make a new topic for that game you know. Add some more detail too. In the old forums you didn't do much with detail on the game. :)

Turqo

• I'm here, then I'm not
  • Level 4: Sparr
  • toad voice lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 07:15:51 PM »
What do you mean by "making a vote too"? Also, thanks! I was thinking of making a forum post on Adventure Journey, but I think it'll make some levels for it first, then release small early demo for it, along with the post, as some levels are nearly complete now.
Currently Working on: a super, special, secret game thing (and Adventure Joruney: Origins)
Have a great day!

- Turqo

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 07:19:52 PM »
Well, there is a poll for this too. I was wondering if you could cast a vote on the poll.