Author Topic: Platform Builder 5.2 is out!  (Read 2066 times)

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
Platform Builder 5.2 is out!
« on: June 12, 2018, 04:21:14 PM »
Platform Builder 5.2 is out! :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: There are several new things which I wanted to announce here. For instance announcements are moved to the forums... something you may have just noticed if you launched 5.2 and clicked on the announcements button. The update log is also moved to the forums. You will notice that our forums have a new category for such posts. Click here to see what's changed!

Second, I used the original compiler for Platform Builder 5.2, the same one which gave us problems in 5.0.0. Hopefully those problems are removed but I am ready to release a patch or two if the problems are still there. Let me know if you find anything which isn't working right!

Third, there are several new commands and the command web page has been updated. Here's what to look for:
  • overhead alignment = [1-9] (changes the position of the overhead message. Numbers correspond with numpad directions. So, 1=bottom left, 2 = bottom, 3 = bottom-right, 4 = left, 5 = middle, 6 = right, 7 = top-left, 8=top, 9 = top-right.)
  • change item [item ID to change],[new item ID]. (Changes the item. Works also for enemies, blocks, and NPCs.)
  • remove item [item ID] (Removes the item. Works also for enemies, blocks, and NPCs.)
  • kill enemy [ID] (causes an enemy to be killed)
  • harm enemy [ID] (hurts an enemy)
  • destroy block [ID] (causes a block to be destroyed)
  • music = upload [music ID] (changes music to uploaded track)
  • background = upload [background ID] (changes background to uploaded image)
  • fade color = [gray, red, yellow, blue, purple, orange, green, brown] (new camera fade color options)
  • world = [ID] (changes the world)
  • complete course (now able to change the world when you include the world ID and spawn ID.)
  • hang speed, max swim speed, swim accel, swim traction, max fly speed, fly accel, fly traction (new physics commands for Pro users.)
I also forgot to include in a previous update that you can also spawn blocks just like enemies or items or NPCs.

I still have some work to do with the command web page to make it work well. I also plan to upload some background layers from PB in the resources section of these forums, so stay tuned!

Moving Forward,
TingThing
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 04:49:24 PM by TingThing »

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Platform Builder 5.2 is out!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 05:56:00 PM »
Just tried it, and it's awesome! The only complaint is that I would like a very strong boomerang option so that the boomerang can always get back to the character without going past the character. I like this update very much. But I do miss looking at the announcments from the program and updates.

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Proud Admin of Plugger's Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 09:04:00 PM »
if you already have platform builder pro from the previous version, will it update automatically or do you have to buy the newest version?

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 09:23:12 PM »
Free updates! Pay once, get it permanently!

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Proud Admin of Plugger's Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 12:09:44 AM »
praise the lord