Author Topic: Thwomp enemy.  (Read 1989 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Thwomp enemy.
« on: July 12, 2018, 11:12:07 PM »
I made an offer to make a sprite of your choice in general discussion. Gizgord requested a thwomp like character. So here it is. I made this with windows paint to do the outlining and coloring, then took it to paint.net to add the second frame and make it work with PB. To import, use extra enemy sprite sheets, and use a program like paint.net (it is 100% free). Then import these frames following the directions from the PB built in manual, and import into PB enjoy! If those directions didn't make sense, ask in the comments or e-mail me at gamesforchrist@outlook.com

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
Re: Thwomp enemy.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 06:48:51 PM »
I am quite a sure that thwomp's behavior is actually possible to create in a current version of PB. Just make a standing custom enemy and place "Spawn" trigger to a course that will affect Thwomp to move by commands in timeline. ;)
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 08:04:03 PM »
But the thwomp won't work like in any SMB game. If the thwomp sees the character, then it should hit the ground. There is no command for that.

And by the way, it's awesome to see you here again Allar! I was getting a little worried!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 09:08:24 PM »
There is no command for hitting the ground and coming back to a starting position but enemy should stop moving if it has solid behavior and touches the ground. Also, you can set a time when to call another command. :) I believe that with a timeline something like Thwomp can be made with several timings and commands.

Also, thank you! :) It's nice to know that somebody thinks about me when I am going to be away for more amount of time and it's nice to talk to you too again. :) It is not necessary, however, to worry too much. I simply have too little free time.  :-\
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 09:09:25 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 09:23:08 PM »
Oh. Well I wasn't too worried. But I'm glad your okay! Hey, did you get my personal message I sent to you?