Author Topic: I need this by 5.4!: Pipe spawning spawn previous option  (Read 1427 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
I need this by 5.4!: Pipe spawning spawn previous option
« on: August 01, 2018, 08:17:48 PM »
When you spawn a character from a pipe, your character may have an item which has changed the character to another character, or design. If you are forced to choose a default character for the pipe, then the player will wonder what's happened. Make sense? I need this for ASM before it can be released.

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
Re: I need this by 5.4!: Pipe spawning spawn previous option
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 06:31:16 PM »
If you change player 1 using an item that is permanent, player 1 should always be the specified character regardless of what you select from the pipe or elsewhere.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 06:34:51 PM »
Making super caps, and boomerang guns permanent would add extra PC thinking. It could slow down the game (since you repeatedly collect these items all the time during courses) and showing all these items in a pause menu would make the player confused. I do want a way to give a character a different item as a punishment for lousing a item previously had. Or command prompt would do the trick.

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 06:59:28 PM »
Permanent items don't add much PC. It just saves something to a file which is then read every time you start a course.

Your computer does this hundreds of times every time you save and load a course.

Permanent items are also not displayed in the pause menu.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 07:00:44 PM »

Oh... Why do I feel so silly? I have been looking at whos online the past few minutes waiting for responses to these suggestions. So, I've been watching and waiting...