Author Topic: My work on holidays  (Read 2256 times)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
My work on holidays
« on: August 20, 2018, 08:24:57 PM »
People strive to go for holidays from Platform Builder and this is what I also may do sometimes. I decided to quit a lot of activities because of time limits that often ended with no results before I had to work for another people comfort again. However, holidays are those days when I have more time for focusing perhaps on doing more complicated things. Below you can see about what I have done on holidays.

Because of people are not modding for OpenRA here I think I have no reason to describe what exactly I did but a small overview from a thing is that I made a new AI player and coded a behavior to it for 3 difficulty levels. In this video, I am fighting against my own creation on hard difficulty and win but my AI is able to beat regular built-in AI's often even on "Normal" difficulty level.
Previously, I have created also one more AI and for seeing please check out my YouTube channel.  :)
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: My work on holidays
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 12:00:29 PM »
I saw a little bit of this, but couldn't tell what was going on. I did check your youtube channel. It's interesting. So, you made this with game maker from scratch? (Scratch meaning starting with your own tools.)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 12:54:49 PM »
No. There are some this kind of games out made with Game Maker but I actually don't know if there are so stable versions about this kind out made with Game Maker.

A map what you are seeing is actually a custom map and creating our own games for this engine is a modding. Because we are not making the application but changing it by changing some files that will be read by the engine.
However, why I call this difficult is because it has been felt even more difficult than making a whole game with Game Maker. And I still have a lot of pain with it because of LUA API that is much different from understandable and simple GML. When I deal with it my most of the time goes to failing and testing before I really am going to do something. Now it is simpler for me, of course, because I have made something and I can take some of the code from my previous maps.

This map is an old map for a game called Red Alert and later converted to OpenRA. Then I added missing YAML code and LUA for enemy behavior and rules of the game. :)

My the latest Game Maker game is as follows:

« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 12:57:14 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 12:58:05 PM »
(Your youtube video is not showing.) Hmm...

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 12:59:40 PM »
Still tested my post... :) Now it's working.
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 01:00:08 PM »
Okay.