Author Topic: The Next Update  (Read 2612 times)

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
The Next Update
« on: August 23, 2018, 10:03:50 PM »
My philosophy in life is to undershoot my promises and overshoot my work.

This summer has afforded me a lot of extra time to work on Platform Builder. Today I reviewed the upcoming update log for the next release, and it's pretty big. There's nothing massive or over-the-top-amazing like commands and timelines that came into PB5, but there are a TON of small and medium additions throughout most of Platform Builder.

Long story short: The next update will not be called 5.4 Eight days from now, Platform Builder 6 is going live.

As I said before, Platform Builder Pro is moving off GameJolt and itch.io, and becoming a DLC for Steam. So if you already own Pro, make sure you get your Steam key through BP Pro before the deadline so you don't have to buy it again. Read about it here. Platform Builder Standard will remain on those websites for the foreseeable future.

If you haven't already, I encourage you to register for these forums and check out the "Coming Soon" forum to get a sneak peak of some new features! I plan to make one more post there in the next day or so as well.

Moving Forward,
TingThing

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: The Next Update
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 10:06:50 PM »
As I told you in Steam chat, I am responding! I can't wait to see what is coming. I've been wanting an update like this. Just a bunch of little things. Nothing big, and not just 1 or 2 things. At least 5 or 6 would be nice. Just some new features that are just a little small. Sounds great!

War

• "The top player is here!"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 03:18:48 PM »
I can't launch the Steam game  :'(
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 04:51:16 PM »
I can't launch the Steam game  :'(

What is happening when you try?

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 04:58:11 PM »
For me works fine. I don't know why will steam don't launch it.
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 06:39:51 PM »
Been working fine for me, because I helped find glitches for 6.0 and have played around with it! You just go to your game library, and find PB, then you press, play game. It should launce soon.

War

• "The top player is here!"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 05:16:33 PM »
My bug was fixed, surely dlc key problem (I entered it before the dlc was out ::)) I changed computer and now it's fixed as I said in Matt's Adventure topic :D
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 05:38:36 PM »
Ah.