Author Topic: how to import custom music to pb pro  (Read 1908 times)

thetozone221

• Level 0: Bipi
    • View Profile
how to import custom music to pb pro
« on: March 27, 2018, 10:34:45 PM »
if you cant find it you ask yourself i guess...
i need to know how to add custom music on platform builder pro (of which i am a proud owner)
if someone can tutorial me or send me to a video or forum link on this it would be much appreciated.

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
Re: how to import custom music to pb pro
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 11:42:36 PM »
Hi thetozone221, and welcome to the forums!

To use custom music with Platform Builder Pro, you start by visiting Game Setup and click on "Upload Music." From there you make a new item in your music manager just like you would make a level in your level manager. When you edit that music, you will have the option to upload a .ogg file. If your music is not .ogg, you will need to convert your music file to .ogg. There are plenty of places online which can do this for you. just do a search for "convert to .ogg" or something like that.

After you do this, go back to your course or world and click on music settings. You will see a new button appear which lets you select music from the music manager.

Let us know if you have any more questions!

Yours,
TingThing
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 11:42:50 PM by TingThing »

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 11:36:45 PM »
You go to game setup, then go to upload music, click on select file, then find your music. (Note that only ogg. files are supported. Ting can't do much about other file formats.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 04:29:28 AM »
Hi, thetozone221!

Thing_Thing already explained you clearly what you need to do for getting something where you have been stuck so I have no else to say but I still wanted to say "Hi!". Glad to see one more active member with us.  :)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 04:30:10 AM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)