Author Topic: Ability to run commands and timelines from a world  (Read 1119 times)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
Ability to run commands and timelines from a world
« on: November 18, 2018, 09:10:39 PM »
Some best games here such as Antikore's Castle Chamber have an intro at the beginning of the game and right after a title menu. They who don't use worlds can make it properly but games that use worlds it wouldn't look that right... You start a game and then go to a World 1. Then you enter "Level 1" but instead of starting to play it or watch an intro about the first level you will see an intro about how everything started perhaps you see a story and logos... If you agree then commands and timelines should be allowed from a world on so you can start with a course instead of a world, for example. I understand, of course, worlds have quite a few things that would be affected by commands but we may have an option to start from a course or from a world on. :)
So far I have preferred to not include an intro nor logos via commands or timelines. If this suggestion won't be accepted then I am not going to wait but just working on something else with a levels as previously and I may change the way about how to include story scene cuts or should I remove the worlds for example. However, if this suggestion will be accepted it would be very appreciated and I already would know how I am going to do it. ::) Built-in Example file would look even better too from the beginning if the game would start with a video, not with a gameplay.
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Ability to run commands and timelines from a world
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 10:24:47 PM »
No, it should be different. Not all commands would work in worlds. My idea would be different. Instead of simply having the title screen go to the world, it should have the option to either go to the world, or an area. Commands would take the player to the world. Or dying, or completing the area/course. This way, we can create splash screens.