Author Topic: We have custom menus, now what?  (Read 748 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
We have custom menus, now what?
« on: November 19, 2018, 10:32:44 PM »
Titlescreens haven't changed since before I became a forum member. (We are talking about it dating back to the old forums) the last thing added was area effects. TITLE SCREENS NEED TO HAVE WORK DONE ON THEM!!! One simple thing I would add (in hopes it will appear in 6.3) is to add buttons to the selection. To create a button, you would have a button to create new buttons in the selection. It will then bring up the menu manager, then you select a menu and it will add that button to the title screen selection. Of course, you would be able to name the buttons. If commands that take you to other areas come up, then it will take the player to those areas. But also, commands, that have no relation to the titlescreen that wouldn't work there, would have to be filtered out. Such as spawning enemies and such. These menu buttons in the titlescreen would be useful for selecting characters (like setting variables for the game to check) setting game options, etc. Also, timelines (this I don't need in 6.2) running in titlescreens (for commands) would be cool. Like in mario world where it plays a cutscene. Also, creating save game slots would be cool.