Author Topic: Nice to meet everybody :)  (Read 2940 times)

LyndsWins

• Level 2: Gruppy
    • View Profile
Nice to meet everybody :)
« on: December 06, 2018, 02:32:32 PM »
Hey there! My name is Lyndsey, and I'm new to Platform Builder and I'm having a blast with it.
I am a triple major at UAT in Game Design, Game Art & Animation, and Game Programming.
(Previously my background was in German language K-12, so if anyone wants to practice some Deutsch, hit me up :) )

I just recently started using PB for a project I have going in one of my classes. I'll be sure to post the finished version when its done!
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto. I am human: nothing human is alien to me." - Terence

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
Re: Nice to meet everybody :)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 03:43:24 PM »
Nice to meet you too, LyndsWins! :) Also, if you have skills in all that including game design, art, animation, and programming then you have all needed also to make something that I have done with PB or even better if you are really focused, inventive and purposeful with one certain project.
I think I have no time to learn any new languages than my first and second language but I appreciate multiple languages in several of my games to represent tourists, people from the foreign country, people needed to be translated for then who have learned no much more than English only and/or another side of the warriors. Then I can ask for your assistance and I would be glad to include you to my ending credits for Deutch. :)

And make some frequent update notes for us! Otherwise, it may take forever, once we can see something by you considering no one of us has even no time enough for ourselves.

Considering your name, are you female? :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 03:49:45 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 09:00:42 PM »
Nice to meet you, Lyndsay! You are the very first female to register here! That's cool! Anyway, it's gonna be great having you here! I can't wait to see your project! Also, as Alley said, if you know how to use PB, you can do almost anything with it! It can't do everything, but it can do a lot! Will you release a playable demo for your game? And will your game feature custom sprites?

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 03:13:01 PM »
Looking at her profile then she is really female. :) Games and making stuff in PC, especially making something more intense like an adventure at least and using more complicated ways like a programming language is a thing that is handled by guys usually and it is really nice and interesting to have some female ones also.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 03:13:43 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 06:48:53 PM »
Yup! It sure is!

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 04:22:17 PM »
Thanks for joining! We are glad to have you. Let me know if you have any questions with Platform Builder.

Yours,
TingThing

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 05:43:22 PM »
Oh! And me to! I'm the "go to" for problems as well. If you wanna quick answer, contact me. If you have an issue with files and such, get Ting.

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Proud Admin of Plugger's Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2018, 08:33:00 AM »
I'll try and make this quick because everyone knows I'll vanish for a few weeks again anyway but I'm Mechasaur. There's a discord server (owned by me even though it hasn't been used much) and a steam group for Platform Builder made by some of the active members here. I suggest checking those out if you want to discuss more about Platform Builder.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 09:07:31 AM by Mechasaur »

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2018, 01:21:04 PM »
Also, being steam friends is good. But this is the best place to talk as a group. Unless you wanna PM via steam. On steam, I have the same name there as I do here.

LyndsWins

• Level 2: Gruppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 07:13:10 PM »
Wow, nice to meet all of you! And yes I'm female lol. I know its a little surprising. Our university population is low in females too, but we're getting more. I imagine it must be similar in the game industry.

And I will definitely post a demo soon :) I'm almost done with the first 3 levels. Its the end of our semester in a few days, so they should be up by then. And there aren't any custom sprites in it yet @Christian Game Maker, I'm just getting it functional right now. When I go back and polish everything, I'd love to put in some custom content :)

Those groups sound awesome, I'll be sure to join on so we can stay connected.

Again, really nice meeting you all!
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto. I am human: nothing human is alien to me." - Terence

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2018, 07:28:29 PM »
Yes! It is nice to meet you! And again, A big welcome to you!