Author Topic: Enable/disable overworlds  (Read 1508 times)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
Enable/disable overworlds
« on: December 06, 2018, 03:17:53 PM »
I have suggested a feature to run commands and timelines from the worlds but I understand it may be difficult to plan because overworld has very few things that existing commands would be able to affect. So now, I have another suggestion that may be an alternative way to make more possibilities.

A command that can enable or disable overworlds like you would change that from "Other Settings". I have learned that it does not break anything if you, for example, disable overworld later when you already have built your game even if you have made your own worlds and you can enable overworld later again. So, it seems it doesn't change a format of the game files anyhow and should be easy to change via command prompt when playing which shouldn't make this so complicated to make this feature. Although I can't say for sure it is not complicated to add because I am not a developer for PB but knowing programming some also by myself and the fact that there are something so difficult systems like command prompts and timelines my suggestion here should be easy as some easy fixes for bugs or errors. This would be enough to plan something that I made for ending scenes and credits for a game that have worlds which can be found here. :)

"enable overworlds = true" and "disable overworlds = false" may-be.  O:-) This may cause how some commands working and change the work of the game but I am sure it would be possible to fix that by ourselves because of already existing conditionals. :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 03:22:08 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Enable/disable overworlds
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 09:04:43 PM »
That's a thought! That should work as an alternative.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 03:01:15 PM »
This may cause a bug in our games when I thought after that I posted because of PB not knowing from what world and spawn id the player should start after beating the level but still... ::) My suggested command should be an alternative because we can define such things using other commands that already exist in PB. :)

A command for completing level silently may be needed also for considering cutscene as a cutscene not a beatable level before the remaining game but maybe we already can change those sounds for a moment with some other already existing commands. I haven't tested it being more focused yet. ::)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 03:04:29 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 06:50:48 PM »
Oh! The command might need to say instead, "remove overworld=1,1" Meaning that it changes the area and completes the course, but it removes the overworld. Temporarily.