Author Topic: Custom enemy from base enemy behavior?  (Read 1913 times)

LyndsWins

• Level 2: Gruppy
    • View Profile
Custom enemy from base enemy behavior?
« on: December 14, 2018, 08:35:50 PM »
I'm trying to make the porcupricks reverse at ledges and not fall off, but that's the only behavior I'm trying to change.
When I create a custom enemy, there isn't a place to input commands for when the enemy sees the player, and they just walk around as if they haven't seen him.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto. I am human: nothing human is alien to me." - Terence

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Custom enemy from base enemy behavior?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 09:02:05 PM »
Hmm... Ting could add a conditional so that when an enemy "sees" the player, it'll change itself. And if it loses sight, then it will change back to the way it was or something. Not ever pre-built enemy can be re-created. That is one downside.

LyndsWins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 11:10:21 PM »
I feel like there probably is some kind of code for that for the pre-built enemies, since some of them change behavior when they see the character (the porcupricks and the little red bugs). Exposing that function to custom enemies would be super cool though :)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto. I am human: nothing human is alien to me." - Terence

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 11:39:48 PM »
I know. Because of time, Ting hasn't added all of the pre-built enemies abilities into custom enemy editors.

LyndsWins

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 12:27:23 AM »
Thats understandable. What he has made so far is pretty amazing though! Is he working all by himself on this? Or does he have a team?

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 12:34:00 AM »
He's all by himself. He's not as busy during the summer. During this time, he does his work more. He's a speaker.