Author Topic: leaf power up in platform builder  (Read 2138 times)

zdrmonster12

• (not) Anonymous
  • Level 1: Bizz
    • View Profile
    • youtube user account
leaf power up in platform builder
« on: April 14, 2018, 11:46:53 PM »
can anyone add a leaf power up in platform builder?

it docent have to act like the leaf power up in Mario 3 to be honest it can act like anything!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
Re: leaf power up in platform builder
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 11:53:52 PM »
Welcome!

I have no certain opinion if the leaf in PB may be good or not that much because I personally haven't had any plans with this powerup for my own projects but anyways it's nice to see one new member once again.  :)
Alley (T_Alj5)

zdrmonster12

• (not) Anonymous
  • Level 1: Bizz
    • View Profile
    • youtube user account
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 11:54:58 PM »
Welcome!

I have no certain opinion if the leaf in PB may be good or not that much because I personally haven't had any plans with this powerup for my own projects but anyways it's nice to see one new member once again.  :)

thanks!

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 12:12:36 AM »
A new leaf power-up has been a suggestion I've made too! I think it would be nice. You can use the glide as an alternative. It's nice to see a new member!

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 07:50:07 PM »
A new leaf power-up has been a suggestion I've made too! I think it would be nice. You can use the glide as an alternative. It's nice to see a new member!

Yes the glide ability can basically be used as leaf. You can put that in a custom item to enable glide, and even change the sprite a bit if you want. That would be quite similar to the leaf in Mario games.

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 09:33:12 PM »

Yes the glide ability can basically be used as leaf. You can put that in a custom item to enable glide, and even change the sprite a bit if you want. That would be quite similar to the leaf in Mario games.
I would also like to be able to have a delay thing too for it to be more like mario. Maybe that could be a feature in the command prompt to delay items, or for only to have the item work as long as you hold the button to activate it.